The Reaping Part Four-Districts 7, 8, and 9

DISTRICT SEVEN
Saria watched in agony as the little Maca trudged forward to the stage, her teeth grinding in the unfairness of it all as the little korok walked towards her death, casting anxious glances across the crowd.

Maca was Saria's friend. She remembered vividly all the languid summers' afternoons they had spent together in the forests, before they were old enough to pitch in. Saria remembered with a pang Maca's jokes that came thick and fast while they were at work.

Saria was hardly impulsive at all by Kokiri standards. Usually the race as a whole were jumpy, quick to assume anything, and generally acted without thinking; but Saria prided herself on her logic, and her patience.

Which is why Saria was shocked most of all when she jumped out into the aisle, waved her hands, and screamed for the host Hestu to stop.

"I volunteer as tribute!"

Maca let out a hushed gasp.

The hushed gasp was quickly replaced with anger.

"Yoi!" she called to Saria, staring her straight in the eye. "Saria, what are you doing?"

"I'm not leaving this to you, Maca," Saria said nervously, quickly trotting up to the stage. She held Maca's hand quickly, rubbed it comfortingly, and went to stand next to the large broccoli-headed Hestu.

Hestu flashed Saria an apologetic look, and reached into the male dish.

"Mido Swamp!"
Saria let out an inaudible groan. Mido. He was only thirteen, yet according to him District Seven revolved around him.

The tart Mido stalked out into the aisle, his face contorted in a most unbecoming scowl. Saria couldn't prevent her stomach from doing a little writhe, as she thought about how quickly the poor Kokiri would die in the Games if he didn't keep his hubris in check.

Naturally Mido did a bit of scowly showboating; he puffed out his chest and proclaimed to the audience that he was going to cream the other kids and come out Victor.

Saria didn't know whether she wanted to punch him in the face or cry.

MIDO SWAMP, DISTRICT 7 TRIBUTE, MALE

AGE-12

HEIGHT-3'11"

WEAPONS-SLINGSHOT, SWORD