Good Morning?

I feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. Sunlight is trickling in through the windows. I stir from my warm cocoon and prepare to get out of my bed. But only I'm not in my bed. My pillow is warm, firm, breathing, and has a heartbeat.

I slowly lift my head up

I slowly lift my head up. There's Zack asleep with his arm around me as we are both curled up under a blanket on my couch.
I look around for the clock and notice that it's nearly noon. I decide to try to not disturb him. I figure I'll sneak out and get a shower before I wake him. After all, it's the polite thing to do.
I ever so slowly try to get up. I'm nearly to my feet when I'm pulled back and enveloped under the blanket once more. Oh no!
Zack says, "Not so fast my Ballerina Barbie."
I snort and say,"What?," as I'm nearly on top of him at this point.
He says,"Just a few more minutes. We were comfortable and there's no rush. Especially since you thought you could sneak off without so much as saying good morning." I inform him that I was going to let him sleep while I showered and dressed.
His response just irks me. He says, "You don't want to play peekaboo again?"
I smack him on the chest and say,"Stop that! You know damn well I didn't mean for that to happen."
He smirks, "Sure."
I say,"Fine. Good morning. Now get up and you can use the shower in Gran's room."
I wiggle out of his hold and away from that cozy warmth before it lulls me back in. I go and shower. I opt for jeans and a T-shirt. I pack my luggage and a bag for the club. It looks strange seeing my closet bare and all of my drawers empty. I hall my things downstairs. It's not long before Zack comes over to help.
Zack says, "You could've yelled for help."
"I was managing just fine," I replied.
"To make a ton of noise," he said.
"Oh hush," I yelled.
We got the bags downstairs and loaded into my car. We went into the kitchen.
He informs me that we are having veggie and cheese omelettes because he didn't know what meat I liked. I sarcastically inform him that if it's in my fridge that means that I put it into my mouth.
He just groans and shakes his head as he speaks, "Something tells me that this is going to be a very long day."
I grab my juice and sip it as I say, "What gave you that idea Mystery Foam?"
I must've shocked him based on his expression and delayed response asking me to explain.
I tell him that mystery foam is like memory foam just mysterious and not very memorable. That gets a chuckle and we hash out what happened last night. Turned out we watched Fight Club and I dozed off after a nearly nude Tyler Derdon opened a door. He says he didn't remember the credits so he must've dozed off too.
I tell him that he's not a beautiful and unique snowflake. He just laughs apparently I said that last night too although I don't remember.
He then says, "Yeah apparently we spent quite a bit of time at Heaven's Gate." I then call him a smart ass. This man I swear, I think he lives to get under my skin, but two can play that game.
We cleanup our mess and then go to my car. After I turn it on it starts playing I'll Make Love To You by Boyz2Men.
I say, "I think my poor car needs a special friend." Zack's reply was that it could find one in his garage. I ask if he's sure. He replies, "Depends on how picky your car is."
I pat my steering wheel and say, "Like momma, like car."
We just laugh and tease each other as we drive to go see Gran. For some odd reason, it just feels right being near him. I just can't explain it, so I'm not.