𝟎𝟐. 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐬

"𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚘𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚢, 
𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠, 
𝙱𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎, 
𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚍𝚘."
-𝚎.𝚑

𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 reaches out the slightly open window as raindrops make contact with her skin

𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 reaches out the slightly open window as raindrops make contact with her skin. She smiles softly at the cold ticklish feeling. Caelynn watches the girl fondly, as she slowly brings her a warm cup of hot honey tea. She pulls her friend's hair to the side and watches the rain drip onto her skin. "How are you holding up?" She asks, and Aryanna frowns slightly. A few days prior she received a devastating call from her father on the death of Harry Clearwater. A man she considered as family.

"I'll be okay," she answers honestly, "I can't imagine how Leah and Seth are feeling though. Not to mention Sue." Caelynn hums, as she scans the girl's face, before deciding to change the subject.

"Have you finished packing?" Caelynn asks, while moving to dry the girl's arm with a handkerchief. Aryanna nods as she takes another glance at the almost empty dorm room, "I just need to pack all my art supplies." Caelynn reaches over to pull out an empty bin for the shorter girl to fill. "While you finish that I'm going to the store real quick. Do you need anything?" Aryanna tightens the bow in her hair with a nod, "can you pick up some more film for my camera?" Caelynn mentally notes the item before bidding the girl goodbye.

Left alone, Ary prepares to finish packing, but her ringing phone interrupts her.

"Hello?"

"Be honest with me, did you know?"

"Klaudya?" Ary asks and the girl on the other end huffs, "yes, now answer my question. Did you know?" The brunette frowns as she tries to rack her brain for hints on what her best friend could be talking about. "Know what?" She gives up. She hears Klaudya curse underneath her breath, "did you know your sister was going to desert my brother?" 

Aryanna tenses, "she what?"

"Embry! Did you know she was going to leave Embry? Because I swear to god Ary, if you knew-"

"I don't know anything! She doesn't even pick up the phone anymore," Aryanna exclaims as she flinches at the angry tone the Call sister uses. She hears the girl take a deep breath before calming down.

Across the country, Klaudya sighs as she draws her hair back, pulling the bandana from her head. "Embry's so crushed Ary, I don't know what to do," Klaudya sinks back into her bed as she stares off at a framed picture of her and her brother. Her memory draws back to the heartbreaking call she shared with her brother earlier that day. 

"How could I not see this coming? You should've heard him Ary. God, he was so devastated. He just kept asking me what he could've done wrong and I didn't know what to say," she began to cry for her baby brother, guilty she couldn't hold him. "How could your sister do that to him? She promised she wouldn't hurt him. Ugh, how could she?" Klaudya continues. Klaudya always had a temper when it came to her brother. He was all she really had, and there was no way in hell she would let anyone get away with hurting him. Especially not one of her best friends. 

Aryanna frowns as she listens to her best friend rant about her sister and Embry Call. To this day, the name still weighs heavy on her heart, but she was ready to move past that and return home. "I don't know Klauds. I don't know what's running through her head anymore," Ary complains. It was true. Aryanna Rae used to pride herself on the ability to read her sister well, but during recent calls and events Rhea seemed to have changed greatly, that the younger twin could not keep up.

"Hold on, my mom's calling me. You're coming home soon right?" Klaudya asks lastly. "Yea, I fly in on Wednesday," Ary answers. Klaudya hums, "help me find a flight later, yea? I need to be there for Embry." Klaudya hangs up after Ary agrees to her request. 

The twin unties the ribbon in her hair and lays it across her eyes as she stares up at the ceiling.

"What's wrong Rhea?" She wonders to herself. She turns to pull a polaroid of the two of them off the string hanging above her headboard. She traces her sister's face with a sad smile.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬?"