14

A/N:

YOU GUYS I AM SERIOUSLY 2 READS AWAY FROM 200!!

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

"Lucas?" I said stepping out into the rain.

"Riley I didn't tell you something back in Texas." Lucas was yelling over the loud pouring of the rain and he was soaking wet.

"You can tell me inside, let's get you warm." I said yelling over the rain.

"No I have to tell you here, now. I've waited too long to tell you and I can't stand myself any longer." I nodded.

"Riley Matthews! I love you! I don't care if no one believes in us, but I love you! I don't expect this to be some fairytale where you say it back and we live happily ever after. All I know is I want to spend the rest of my life with you! I don't care what anyone says! I've driven non-stop, besides gas and the bathroom, for 14 hours straight to tell you this! So Riley, here I go! I LOVE YOU!" Lucas screamed into the sky. After he finished talking all I could do was look in his eyes.

I don't know what came over me, but I pounced on Lucas and I kissed him. All I felt were fireworks, sort of like New Year's Eve. I smiled into the kiss. We broke apart and Lucas looked me up and down then up at the sky.

"This is so cliche." Lucas screamed to me.

"Lucas?" I said loudly.

"Yeah?"

"I love you too!" Lucas smiled and cupped my face and kissed me again, after we broke apart I looked at Lucas curiously

"How'd you get my address?" I asked him.

"I alled Maya. The reason I am soaked is because the only empty parking spot was 3 blocks away."

"Let's go inside." I said. I took Lucas by the hand and walked inside.

"What is this?!" My Father yelled at me.

"With all due respect sir, I drove here from Texas to see Riley. We did not plan this." Lucas said.

"With all due respect Mr. Friar, but does your Mother know you are here?" Lucas looked down at his feet and shook his head.

"What Mr. Friar?" My Dad said

"No sir, she doesn't" My Dad looked at him and he frowned.

"I'm sorry Lucas, but I have to call your Mom, she is probably worried sick. We will discuss a way to get you home--" But I cut my Dad off.

"No Dad! You can't do that! I love him! Can't you see we want to be together?!" I screamed.

"Riley I--" But I interrupted my Dad.

"Dad I love him! We want to be together and the only things preventing us from doing so is you. My heart can not take another break. My heart can not handle a long distance relationship!" My Dad looked flustered. He then turned to my Mom who hadn't said a single word this whole time.

"Topanga, what are your opinions on this matter?" My Mom looked at Lucas and I and back at my Dad.

"Cory, we can't break them up, they're us." My Mom stated in a soothing tone as she stood up. My Dad went silent. It sounded like he stopped breathing all together. He sat down and stared at the floor.

"Why are you right Topanga?" My Dad said quietly under his breathe. "Why?"

"Cory? Remember when this was us? All we wanted was to be together. All we wanted was for someone to believe we actually loved each other. No one did but we still stayed together. I'm sorry, I can't do that. Break them up like our parents wanted us to do. I know exactly how they feel and you do as well. I can't become my parents." My Mom said. Lucas wrapped his arms around my neck and I grabbed onto them. My Dad looked over at us and smiled slightly.

"Look at them Topanga. They are us." My Dad said. I turned my head to look up at Lucas and smiled at him.

"Look at us." Lucas smiled and kissed my forehead. As my Dad was about to say something else, the phone rang. My Dad answered it and I listened curiously,

"Hello?" My Dad said "Oh, hi Sarah." I felt Lucas stiffen. I turned around and placed my hand on the side of his face.

"Don't worry, you'll be alright. We'll make this work." I said. Lucas shook his head.

"Why can't they see we want to be together." Lucas said. "I'm not going to let anyone take you away from me, not again." I smiled at Lucas.

"What?" He questioned me.

"My Dad said those same exact words to my Mom. They've told me this story a bunch of times." I said to Lucas. Lucas smiled and we kissed slightly.

"I'm sorry Sarah. I had no idea he was even on his way here. Neither did Riley. She's been mopeing around the house all week not eating, not talking. I swear though Sarah, as soon as I saw her with Lucas her face brightened up and she smiled, she hasn't smiled in over 2 weeks." My Dad said.

"Is that true?" Lucas asked. I nodded.

"If you missed me so much then why didn't you reply to my text or calls?" Lucas asked.

"Because it wasn't fair to you or my heart. I couldn't handle that, and I didn't want to put that on you." I stated. "What about you?" I asked.

"Same thing. I couldn't even sleep. My brother noticed and he gave me the keys to his car and told me to come get you. So I did." He said. I smiled up at him and he smiled down.

"Okay, see you soon Sarah, sorry for the misunderstanding." I heard my Dad say. We looked over at my Dad hoping for some good news. He hung up the phone and looked over at us upset.

"She said she is hopping on the next flight to New York. I'm sorry guys, I tried." My Dad said. I turned around and looked at Lucas.

"Why can't we have a normal life?" I said as I started to feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Don't cry, like I said before, I am not letting anyone take you away from me." He said as he pulled me into his chest. "No again." He said into my hair. We then heard another knock on the door. My Dad went over and opened up the door to a soaking wet Maya.

"Hey. I went to Riley's window but she wasn't--" But she stopped speaking and I walked around Lucas and stood in front of him. "Oh." Maya said as she smiled.

"Hey Maya." Lucas said smiling slightly. She walked around me and looked Lucas up and down.

"You made Riley miserable, what are you even doing here?" She asked.

"Maya, I'm the one that moved. Lucas drove all the way from Texas to here." I said. Maya turned and looked at me.

"He pulled a Topanga?" Maya said. I nodded "That explains why he randomly asked for your address." Maya said and I laughed.

"The bad news is he has to go back to Texas, his Mom is getting on a plane and coming here." I said.

"Oh that won't do." Maya said rubbing her chin. "Lucas do you have anyone you know living here in New York?" Maya asked Lucas.

"Just my Uncle. He lives about 2 miles from here. Why?" Lucas asked. "Oh." Lucas said coming to realization

"Yeah." Maya said "All we have to do is convince your Uncle to let you move in with him. If you're okay with living in New York?" Maya said.

"I'm all for it. Home is where the heart is, and my heart is with Riley." Lucas said causing me to have heat rush to my cheeks.

"Then let's start the plan." Maya said as she swiped everything off the coffee table.

"Was that really necessary Maya?" My Mom asked me.

"Not really Mrs. Matthews." She said making me laugh.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

You guys!

'He pulled a Topanga' was probably the most creative line I've ever come up with!