Chapter Seventeen

I wake up alone in my room I sit up in bed when I hear two people arguing just outside me door its Parker and Hunter. Parker said he had killed him and his men the only person I can think is Keaton and his men, but the second thing I think about after that is Devin and his little sister no one has ever said anything since they got me back so I have no idea if he was included in that killing spree Parker went on.

"What did you think would happen you'd come back after months and she would fall at your feet? You left her with nothing but a promise that you'd be here within the week, that was four fucking months ago man. You left leaving her with a promise and a deal, you broke both. Like Jack said you got her back and then YOU LEFT, leaving me and Jules to pick up the pieces of her life, damnit Parker you broke her when she was already broken! She told you she loved you and you left. She doesn't say those words lightly I think the whole time I've know her she has said I love you to Beth and Stephen maybe three times and she said it to you at least twice in a matter of seconds but you still walked away." Hunter screams but calms down a little.

"Fuck you Hunter, you know I had to do it, I didn't think it would take that long to get him, the department and I have been working day and night to get them. Did you see her when we got her back? He beat her and destroy any life left in her. She was covered in bruises and skin and bones. She's never had it easy, she's worked damn hard for everything she has, and that man took everything she was. She spent three months with those fuckers and when we got her back, I-I just couldn't handle seeing her like that I had to get him. He needed to pay and he did with his life." Parker yells back I get off the bed walking to door to be able to listen better, Hunter starts talking again so I slide down the wall next to the door.

"What if you died? You went on a suicide mission, you went off by yourself. What happened if you died? That would've push her to far, we could have lost her completely. Damnit you could have died. Park your a brother to me, you helped me at a very low point of my life and you ran not even giving me the chance to help you. I would have helped hunt him down dude. I seen her, you forget that I was the one who help fix all the broken pieces. I know what he did to her but to run off by yourself knowing Jackson and I or even a couple guys would have helped you." Hunter say trying to express his feelings on everything.

"Hunter I couldn't wait the department and I were already working on something to get him and I knew if I told you, you wouldn't have come to Oregon with her where you needed to be. I'm here and very alive, you don't get it I was protecting everyone not just her had I taken anyone from this side of my life on a man hunt with the law we would have lost you all. You knew I needed someone I could trust to be here with her. I know I should have called her but I knew that if I heard her voice I would have dropped everything and came back to her but I had a mission I needed to finish. I know what she said I heard her clear as day both times she said it but if I heard it again I wouldn't have been able to leave her to do the damn job. Can I please just go in?" Parker say and I can hear Hunter sigh and then I hear someone lean against the door.

"Go ahead but don't wake her up if she isn't up let her sleep she doesn't sleep much these days and when she does it doesn't last long." Hunter says and Parker thanks him for being here for me when he couldn't be. What does Hunter mean helped him at a low point but I quickly jump up from the floor when I hear someone grab the door knob, running to the bed and laying back down pretending to be asleep. Parker climbs in bed with me and pulls my body over to him laying my head on his chest.

"You look so peaceful when you sleep baby, I've missed holding you. I'm so sorry I lied to you and broke promises but I had to get him so he would never get you again. I know I shouldn't have left you but I had to get him and I got him baby." I don't move because I am scared of what will come next. Parker hurt me, I cant trust him or let him right back in after he left me. Like Hunter said he broke me when I was already broken. I don't know if I want Parker back in my life, though I know I'm lying to myself because I would love nothing more then to see him everyday.

While I lay there I just listen to his heartbeat, listen to the fact that he's still alive. The sound of his heart beating is like music to my ears. After a couple of hours of laying in silence sleep comes for me but I lift my body off Parkers rolling to the other side so my back is facing him he rolls with me placing an arm over me.

When I wake up Parker still has his arm wrapped around me, I smile but it instantly turns into a frown because I know when he wakes up we will be going to war because I don't know what else to do but fight it out with him. I want real answers to serious questions. Beth and Stephen are suppose to arrive today but I cant deal with all of this right now.

I slide out of bed trying not to wake Parker I'm not ready for war yet. I walk into my closet change into leggings and a sports bra and pull my hair up into a high pony so I can go running I sit on the floor and put my running shoes on and when I step out of the closet I walk to the side of the bed and grab my phone. Parker is up looking around the room but stops when he spots me he smiles and goes to get up but I put my hand out telling him to stop.

"I'm not ready yet please just leave me be Parker. I need time to think." His smiles drops turning into a straight line and nods towards me. I open the door closing it behind me everyone is still sleeping which is good because I can finally go running by myself. I walk into the kitchen grabbing a bottled water and look to the clock on the stove that reads six-thirty-seven. I grab my phone out of my pocket and see its almost dead 25% but enough life for me to play music for my run. I tuck my phone in my pocket and put my ear buds in before walking out of the door.

I run back and forth down the beach shaking my head and wiping the tears away. I see a food truck pull into a parking lot I'm running by and walk over to it to buy a water bottle. After I pay I walk over to a bench Hunter and I always sit at when we go running. It's our favorite bench as it has the best view of the ocean because there's little sand so there's not a lot of people.

I sit here replaying the last couple months of my life and break down. People running by me stop and ask if I'm alright and I shake my head and tell them I'm fine and to have a nice run. My life in the last years has been a mess. I'm divorced at twenty-three, I have a drinking problem that no one is aware of as they think I only have a couple drinks a week, I fell in love with a man that left me to go on a man hunt for the man that destroy me, I live in a penthouse with the best view of the Oregon beach front, I still love the man that I left lying in my bed this morning, my photos are taking off in the car and truck world, I have everything but I still fall apart.

I cry and scream when there's no one around for few hours before finally pulling myself together enough to go home. I wipe my face and finish my water before running back towards my place. Everyone that runs in the morning is so friendly compared to when we night run but maybe its because right now I don't have four body guards.