tour

KELLINS POV - its a bit sad ngl

It was nearing the end of the tour and we had pretty much seen the entire country and some. We had just finished a show in San Diego and I felt like writing. I checked the time, it was almost 12am.

"Hey Justin I'm gonna head out for a bit, cover for me?" I asked my band mate, he nodded his head in agreement and I left. I had my journal in one hand and some water in the other. I liked going out and just writing, I always thought the best when I was alone.

We were staying in downtown San Diego so the docks weren't that far. When i Finally made it I took a seat and let my legs dangle over the edge, I began writing,

"Who are you now?

Did you say what you want?

Don't go back to the start

I'm asking, who are you now?

Did they break you apart?

Won't you fight back for wh-"

I stopped writing when I heard someone sneeze, I turned around to see a short guy walking behind me in the opposite direction, he had shoulder length hair and was wearing a sweater and shorts.

"Bless you!" I yelled at the stranger, he instantly froze. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare ya," I said as I started to get up and walk over to him, he was still standing there and hadn't said a word.

"Hello?" I said in a questioning tone finally reaching the mystery man. I was standing behind him now with a confused look on my face waiting for an answer or anything in general honestly,

"Kellin?" he said quietly. I knew that voice, my heart instantly started beating rapidly. He started to turn around and I felt like I was going to pass out. He was just as I remembered him, only his hair was a little longer now.

"Vic," I said breathlessly. I wanted to run, cry, scream, or anything really. We stared at each other in silence, I hadn't seen him since the day the school found out about us. He was my old music teacher and I had fallen in love with him, it was the worst break up I had ever had. I haven't moved on and it's been nearly 7 years, he was and still is the love of my life. Most of my music is about him, I hope he knows that.

"You never reached out to me like you said you would when we said goodbye," I said bluntly. He looked at me with a sympathetic face.

"Kells I-,"

"Kellin," I corrected him. He wasn't allowed to call me that anymore, he looked at me with an apologetic face. He felt guilty and I hope it ruined him.

"Kellin, I couldn't"

"You could've, I graduated, I went to college, I started a band, I waited, and I still am." His face had nothing but guilt written all over it, I started feeling bad, I felt I was being too harsh but he hurt me.

"You still are?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied once again, bluntly. He took a step closer to me and I took a step back, I didn't want him near me anymore.

"Go away, I want you gone." He looked like he wanted to cry, it made me feel bad.

"Wait," I said "we have a show tomorrow I'll put your name on the list for early access and backstage, we need to talk." he looked hopeful and nodded his head 'okay' and started walking away. I went back to where I was sitting, I was gonna write a song and perform it acoustically tomorrow just for him.

"You made up your mind

Right before the sound can move

Softly from your lips