eighteen;lie to me

"Hey Bell, how you feeling this morning?"

Delilah had made a beeline for Bella as soon as she walked into school that morning, she hadn't spoken to anyone since Rosalie had dropped her off at home the previous night, and if truth be told, Delilah was feeling pretty anxious.

"I'm fine." The words were a lie, it didn't take a scientist to figure that one out, but Delilah didn't push her. She didn't want to make things worse than they already were. "Have you heard from Rosalie?"

Delilah turned her head to look at her friend as they walked along the corridors, a small smile on her face. "Not since she dropped me off last night." The girl then grabbed onto Bella's arm, her smile growing even more. "It was such a nice night, it was raining and we played songs from her car and just danced and sang in the rain. It was amazing Bell. I just....I love her, you know?"

Bella tried to smile, she wanted to be happy for her best friend. But it was hard after the night she'd had, "That's great Lilah, it really is."

As soon as Delilah realised what she'd said she turned to the brunette, a sad smile on her face, "I'm sorry Bell, how are you feeling? How's your arm?"

Bella looked at her arm when Delilah mentioned it, a small smile on her face too, "I'm okay, my arms okay too, Carlisle stitched me up pretty well."

Delilah winked, just trying to lift Bella's mood a little bit, "I bet he did."

The two girls didn't speak again, instead they wordlessly made their way to their next classes, which they happened to have without each other.

Delilah didn't see Isabella again until later that day at lunch, where it was significantly clear her mood had dropped even more.

Immediately she wrapped an arm around her friend and pulled her into her side, none of their other friends paid any attention to what the pair were doing, too engrossed in their own conversations.

"Hey Belly." Delilah whispered into the brown messy hair, pressing a kiss against her head as she did so.

"They aren't here." Somehow Delilah managed to pick up her friends weak voice. "They didn't come."

For some reason, Delilah hadn't paid much attention to the Cullen's not being at school today. Maybe it was because she was in her own bubble of happiness after her and Rosalie's time last night. But she'd just put their disappearance down to the weather, although now that she thought about it, it wasn't even sunny outside.

"Oh baby, I'm sure it's nothing. Don't get yourself upset about it." Even though the words were said to comfort Bella, Delilah couldn't help but feel she was comforting herself too. It made no sense why they weren't in today. "I'm sure there's an explanation."

"What if something bad has happened Lilah?"

The brunette pondered on Bella's words for a few seconds, before fixing a smile on her face. "Nothing bad will have happened, I'm sure Edward will see you later and everything will be fine."