Chapter 3

Adrien's Room

"Are you completely out of your mind!?" shrieked Plagg

"What are you talking about"

"I'm talking about the fact that you want to go see a civilian! AGAIN! Are you seriously going to go put her in danger."

"I'm not putting her in danger, there's nothing wrong with interacting with the people of the city!"

"Whatever, your life is too complicated, what is with this girl anyways."

Adrien didn't reply. The truth was, he didn't know why he was going to meet her, but he knew that nothing could stop him it "Plagg, claws out" he said and he jumped out the window to go see his princess.

Marinette's Bedroom

The rest of Marinette's day was uneventful, she couldn't stop thinking about Chat, the pain in his eyes when he talked about Ladybug when he talked about her. She had to stop this, she couldn't let Chat do this to her, he was her partner in crime, but he was still her friend. Marinette flopped onto her bed, exhausted from her day. No more thinking about Chat, she thought to herself. Suddenly she heard a knock from her window, startled, she jumped out of her bed and walked dizzily over to the window. 

Chat, she started to panic, her cheeks turned bright red, what was he doing here again. She internally screamed, her stomach churned. With shaking hands, she carefully opened the door to a mischievously smiling Chat. "How's it going purrrincesss?" He purred slyly. Marinette stood there, dumbfounded, she couldn't find the right word to say, her face was burning. "Can I come in?" he asked. This snapped her back to reality, she thought of all the pictures of Adrien in her room. "Uh, just a second," she said. Marinette closed the windows and quickly got to work.

Chat's heart was beating out of his chest, why was he so nervous, it was just Marinette, his friend. He heard faint shuffling coming from inside the room and he thought he heard some voices, that was odd.

"Tikki, help me take these down, I can't let Chat see any of this, that would be so-so-so embarrassing." Marinette pleaded. Tikki giggled, she'd never seen Marinette this flustered around Chat.

Marinette went back to her window and opened it, "C-come in" Marinette stuttered. She had to stop stuttering, Chat was her superhero partner, she knew him better than anyone, she could not be nervous around him.

"What do you want you alley cat?" Marinette asked. "

Do I need an excuse to see my princess?" He replied while getting down from the window ledge.

"I guess you don't, but don't you have your damsels in distress to save?"

"Purr-haps, but they can wait a little longer, don't you think? "

Chat walked towards Marinette, with a flirtatious look on his face. Marinette's heart beat erratically, at this rate, I'm going to land myself in a hospital bed, she thought to herself. Trying to keep her composure, she scoffed and rolled her eyes at him.

Chat thought of Ladybug, how she brushed off his puns and rolled her eyes at him, exactly the way Marinette did. He was being delusional, he knew that could not be possible, he didn't know who Ladybug was but he did know that Ladybug didn't want him to know who she was. Instead, he concentrated on his friend. Her house smelled of cookies, there was a certain warmth to it, even though the temperature had barely changed. It was unlike his house which was cold, grey and lifeless.

Marinette noticed the expression of Chat's face, it was the face that most people made when they entered their bakery. " Would you like something to eat my alley cat?" Marinette asked, amused. Chat Noir blushed, embarrassed at how obvious it was. " I will get you something to eat" Marinette laughed, opening the door to her room leaving Chat alone.

Chat sat down on the chair in front of her laptop, his elbow accidentally hitting the keyboard. The computer screen flashed on, with a picture of him, as Adrien. He didn't know what to do, he quickly turned off the computer and tried to pretend as nothing happened. He could not believe it, the boy Marinette was heartbroken over was him. At that moment, Marinette walked in with a plate of cookies. The smell was wafted all over her room, tingling with his keen senses.

" Are you hungry kitty?" Marinette smiled, putting the plate on her desk. Chat picked one up, the cookie gave off of a nutty scent, it looked too good to eat. Chat bit through the cookie, it was the most wonderful thing he'd ever eaten. He could taste the warmth of the brown sugar with pops of white chocolate, all tied together with the macadamia nuts. The texture was perfect, chewy and warm. The cookie left him speechless, " Cat got your tongue Chat Noir?" Marinette teased. She knew that her parent's baked goods were the best in Paris. "This is the best cookie I've ever had." Chat replied in between swallowing mouthfuls. Marinette chuckled.

"So, are you going to tell me why you're here again?" Marinette asked "Well, you seemed really sad last night and I wanted to check up on you. " Replied Chat Noir, in truth, he really didn't know why he decided to see her again, he just did. She smiled sadly at him, at the thought of Adrien. " It's nothing you know, I've liked him for a very long time, but whenever I try to talk to him, I get all flustered and I stutter, I make a complete fool of myself. He probably thinks I'm stupid, everytime I muster up the courage to tell him or have a plan to tell him how I feel, something always goes wrong. I invited him for ice cream with André's yesterday and I waited for an hour, he didn't text me or call me or anything. Maybe he doesn't care about me." Marinette sighed sadly, looking at the floor.

" Of course not, he was probably just busy you know, maybe he was in a difficult situation." Chat tried to cover up nervously.

"It's not that, it happens every time and I know that his dad is strict and all but I just can't help but wonder if it's my fault."

She could see the guilt in his eyes, though he had no reason to be. " I'm sorry princess" He said in the most sincere voice possible. " I don't know why you're apologizing," Marinette thought out loud, extremely embarrassed for ruining the moment. " I just know how that feels," Chat said in a small voice while staring at the floor. Marinette took a step towards him, she softly touched his chin and lifted his eyes into hers. At that moment, they forgot about all their worries, it was only them and the lingering smell of warm cookies. 

Hey guys, I really appreciate the support I have gotten for this story so far, it really helps me stay motivated to keep writing. Don't forget to vote and thank you to everyone, it really does mean a lot to me :))