Chapter 8

Adrien was fawning over the girl in front of him as she started reading the project requirements, everything she said went in one ear and went out the other. He could not focus on anything else, her enticing beauty was magnetic, making him forget about everything else in the world. Suddenly, Marinette's phone started to ring. " It's Alya", Marinette said.

Marinette picked up the phone to see Alya holding up the phone with a disappointed look.

"Hey girl, is Adrien there yet?" She asked dully.

"Yeah he is, is everything alright?"

"Oh yes it is but there has been a last-minute change of plans, I have to take the twins to the dentist and there's no way for me to get out of it, so I can't come."

"Oh, that's ok Alya, Adrien and I got this.

Alya gave her a skeptical look, " Ok thank you so much, I have divided up the work evenly and sent it to you, we can put everything together at school tomorrow."

"No problem, bye!" Marinette said as she ended the call.

" Well, I guess it's just you and me model boy," Marinette said, she immediately regretted it and blushed in embarrassment. Adrien was stunned, she was so confident and funny, her pull was irresistible. " Fine with me" Adrien replied and flashed her a flirtatious smile. Marinette's heart skipped a beat, as her cheeks became even redder. She always perceived Adrien as the sweet, gentleman, but this was just a wholly different person but she liked it, he reminded her of Chat. Marinette turned back to her computer, determined to get some work done, she could not let the fact that THE Adrien Agreste would be spending a whole afternoon at her house.

The rest of their study session was a blur, Marinette was able to surprisingly keep herself calm as they worked on their project. Adrien and Marinette were both very talented academically and before they both knew it, they finished all of their work in record time. Working with Marinette felt very much like his partnership with his lady, they worked together perfectly, complementing the others skills flawlessly. They fit together like puzzle pieces, Adrien was stunned, he'd never expect this with Marinette.

"So I guess we're done," Marinette said, trying to break the awkwardness lingering in the air.

"Yeah, I guess, what now?" Adrien asked, the truth was, he didn't want to leave yet, in fact, he never wanted to leave.

"Well, we could do something fun." Marinette proposed.

Adrien smiled sweetly in approval "So, what do you want to do?"

Marinette thought, she quickly realized that she forgot to bring snacks and food. Her parents would've pestered them about it, but she forbade them from coming into the room.

"Why don't we bake something together?" Marinette asked. Adrien was ecstatic, he'd never really baked or cooked before, he had people in his house who did that for him. He was happy that he'd finally get to do something normal, especially with Marinette. Marinette didn't have to wait for his approval, she could see the elation in his eyes.

Marinette got up slowly, Adrien trailing after her as they walked down the stairs. Her parents were sitting on the couch talking in hushed voices, they're obviously gossiping about us, Marinette thought grimly.

"Hey sweetie, are you guys done already? And what happened to Alya?" Her mother asked.

"Oh yeah, uh, Alya couldn't come, last-minute plans."

"Sound good sweetie, your dad and I have some errands to run so we will be leaving you guys here," Sabine said with a mischievous smile. Marinette watched as her parents left giggling and throwing teasing glances at them.

"I'm sorry about them, they're just like that" Marinette said.

"That's ok, your parents are amazing, I wish my dad was like that." He replied sadly, as his eyes went dull. Marinette felt very bad for Adrien, he had a lot of issues with his dad and Adrien truly deserved so much more. Without thinking, Marinette flung her arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight embrace. Shocked Adrien wrapped his arms around her waist and bent his head down to rest it on her shoulder. "I'm here for you Adrien." She whispered softly in his ear, sending a shiver down his spine. Slowly she pulled away, yet neither of them let go of the other. She looked into his beautiful green eyes that had mesmerized her so many times as she fell for him all over again.

Marinette's head just registered what happened, embarrassed, she took her arms off of his neck and took a few steps back. Adrien rubbed his neck in embarrassment as they both looked at the ground. "S-so uh w-wanna s-s-start b-b-baking?" She stuttered, not taking her eyes off of the ground. "S-sure" Adrien replied, he could not believe that he was stuttering in front of her now.

Marinette started walking towards the kitchen and got two aprons from the cabinet. They were the ones she made herself with the theme of Ladybug and Chat Noir. One of them was red, lined with black dots, while the other was green and lined with black paw prints. She turned to face Adrien, finally bringing herself to look at him. "S-so which uh a-apron would you uh l-like?" She asked, still embarrassed from their moment. Adrien recognized the theme of the aprons and gave her his signature smile. "Obviously Chat's," he said. Marinette's heart was beating erratically, but she could not let him get to her. "What is it with you model boy, you sound like you have a crush on Chat Noir, am I missing something?" Marinette with full confidence as she handed him the green Apron, she did not want to be the stuttering shy girl anymore. There it was again, confident Marinette was dangerously similar to Ladybug. Her sudden burst of confidence made him flustered, he should not be feeling this way. " No way, I'm just a very good fan." He replied, snatching the apron from her hands.

Marinette tied her own apron around her waist to see a struggling Adrien. She put her hand on his shoulder, signalling him to stop " let me" she said. She took the fabric in her hands and slowly tied it around him. Adrien was grateful that he wasn't facing her as he felt his face go hot, she was just so close to him. After she was done they faced each other again, he needed to stop getting lost in her eyes. She quickly broke his stare and started to gather the ingredients to make a cake, this was going to be a long day. 

Hey guys, I can't believe that this got over 600 views, I am so thankful for this, I absolutely love writing this and this story about to get a lot spicier. I have been experiencing some writer's block so I am sorry for the bad writing in this chapter. On another note, I really don't like the title for the book and I want to change it so if anyone has any suggestions please comment because I have no idea. Thank you for all the support don't forget to vote and comments are highly appreciated :))