Chapter 4

Marinette slowly looked away shyly, "I-a have some homework to do." She started nervously. "Oh, yeah uh, I have patrol with Ladybug, I'll see you soon then m'lad- I mean princess" Chat replied just as nervous. He then awkwardly walked towards the window, he looked back at her one last time, the thoughts in his head a jumbled mess and left. Before he could make a fool of himself, he jumped out the window to meet Ladybug for their patrol.

Every day, both Ladybug and Chat Noir meet up at Montparnasse for patrol, to make sure that everything is in order. As Chat Noir leapt out of the window, he thought about the prospect of seeing his lady, he smiled. Speaking of his lady, he almost called Marinette m'lady, his usual nickname for the love of his life, who in turn didn't like him back. This thought was unsettling to him, the image of Marinette, burned into his brain, where his lady would usually be.

Chat vaulted onto the roof, to see a stressed-out Ladybug, sitting at the edge. He knew that even if he asked her what was wrong, she wouldn't tell him. Ladybug had a troubled heart, Chat Noir left her confused, the thought of him made her stomach flutter with butterflies, the way it did when Adrien was there. She was deeply disturbed by this, Chat Noir and his random visits, gave him more importance in her head than she usually allowed him to.

"Paw-don me m'lady, what seems to be the problem?" Chat Noir asked, in a light-hearted tone, trying to mask the mess in his mind. "Huh? Oh hey Chat, what's up?" Ladybug replied half-heartedly. Ladybug usually wasn't like this, she was energetic and confident, Chat, sensing this set down beside her and took her hand in his. "Hey, I know something's wrong, and you don't have to tell me, but are you ok bugaboo?" Chat Noir asked, in the most concerning voice possible.

"Chat Noir, it's complicated, you won't understand."

" Ah, love problems, m'lady?"

"How do you know?"

" Whenever a woman says something is 'complicated' it is definitely love problems and because I am all-knowing."

" I honestly, don't know at this point Chat Noir, just talk about something else, tell me about your love life, there are certainly many girls swooning over you."

" Ah but those girls all don't matter if it isn't you bugaboo."

Ladybug rolled her eyes, annoyed at his advances, as they sat there in silence. "There has to be at least someone, you're a superhero who saves Paris on the daily." Ladybug pushed onwards, not knowing why. " Well there's this one girl I guess, I don't really know what's happening to me, she's just a friend, but I can't stop thinking about her, but that's all irrelevant since you're the only lady in my life." Chat Noir replied, he hadn't meant to tell her about Marinette, it kind of spewed out of him, he himself didn't know how he felt about Marinette.

He told her about herself, she thought, yes it was kind of complicated but she felt her heart jump out of her chest at this. Even though it was a small statement, for once she felt important, everyone loved Ladybug, the confident, perfect version of herself, the one who could always save the day. The fact that someone actually felt like this about her in her true form made her heart melt, even if it was just Chat. Ladybug gave him a sweet smile, " Oh Chat, I'm sure you'll be fine and everything will work out." Ladybug said, even though Chat was just her friend.

"Well m'lady, i must get going, I can't keep all my adoring fans waiting." Chat Noir said, before jumping off the edge of the tower. He didn't even wait for Ladybug's response, he needed to get out of there. His mind poisoned with images of Marinette's smile, if he stayed with Ladybug any longer, he would've lost his composure.

Ladybug was confused with Chat Noir's abrupt departure, leaving her all alone on the top of Montparnasse as the sunset and out came a lonely moon.

Adrien's Room

" So just because Ladybug stood you up the other night after explicitly stating that she might not be able to come, you leave her on the top of Montparnasse without any warning, honestly, what is wrong with you?!!?" Plagg scolded. " I really don't know Plagg, stop asking me" Adrien groaned into his pillow. "You should just go for that Marinette girl, she seems like she likes you and she lives in a bakery, so bread all the time for my cheese." Plagg stated confidently. " It isn't that simple Plagg, I have loved Ladybug for the past year, I can't just ditch her, I love Ladybug." Adrien countered. Plagg ignored him, Adrien was clearly being unreasonable. Adrien lay in bed, staring at his ceiling, his head alternating between Marinette and his Lady.

He still couldn't believe that Marinette was in love with him, no wonder she always acted nervous around him. Something about the way he saw his friend changed, his heart smiled every time he thought about her. "Why can't they just be the same person, Plagg?" Adrien whispered to himself, as he drifted into a restless sleep.

Marinette's Room

Marinette swung back onto her balcony and quickly transformed back. She climbed through the window and stumbled into her room, her room still smelled like the nutty cookies from before, she walked to her desk to the plate of cookies left behind. She took one and quickly fed it to her kwami before eating one herself. She needed time to process the events of her day. Her encounter with Adrien, Chat Noir visiting her again, talking about their love lives and his sudden exit. Marinette had a habit of over-analyzing any little moment and replaying it in her head a thousand times. She thought about the way Adrien looked at her this morning, that image was quickly replaced with Chat's mischievous smile as he walked through her window. Marinette shook her head, going outside onto the balcony in attempts to clear her mind. She looked at the moon again, it was just as beautiful as the night before, yet instead of it painting a sad sight, it gave off a mysterious light, secretive as ever. 

Hey guys, I'm working as hard as I can to update this story, thank you for all the support I have received so far. This chapter was a bit rushed but I hope you guys enjoy and don't forget to vote :)