Chapter 6

Adrien walked towards his car happily, usually, when school ended, he would dread going to his cold, lifeless home, it reminded him of a cathedral. Adrien slid into his seat and requested Natalie to clear his schedule so that he may go to Marinette's house. He thought about how he would get to be in a warm house, that smelled like sugar and love, with people that actually made him feel wanted. He felt like he was floating all the way home, he had another excuse to see Marinette again. His hopes immediately fell as he remembered that he had to go meet her as Adrien, he knew that Marinette would be way too nervous to be able to hold a proper conversation with him.

"Plagg, what am I supposed to do, I want to hang out with Marinette but as Adrien, she won't talk to me properly," Adrien thought out loud as he walked into his room. Plagg didn't reply, he was daydreaming, mouthing the words sugar cube with a smirk on his face. Adrien chuckled at the thought of Plagg daydreaming about anything that wasn't cheese. "PLAGG, snap out of it !" Adrien yelled. Startled, the kwami fell out of Adrien's duffle bag and landed on the floor. Shakily, Plagg flew back up to meet Adrien's eyes furiously. Before Plagg could start scolding "I need some of your wise advice Plagg" Adrien started. "Well here's your advice, forget women and go love some cheese, they will never let you down," Plagg said with a tone of anger. "Plagg I'm serious!" Adrien pleaded as he fell onto his bed. " Fine, I will be your stupid love guru." Plagg countered and swallowed a wedge of cheese.

"Plagg what should I do, Marinette is in love with me and well, I just don't know," Adrien said, his heart aching. Plagg knew exactly what was going on, it was so obvious that Adrien was in love with Marinette but Adrien could not get it through his big dense head because his feelings for Ladybug were blinding him, even though they were the same person. Plagg smiled smugly at the thought of Tikki, the Ladybug Kwami. Plagg obviously knew what he had to do, even though he disapproved, he wanted to see Adrien happy, of course, he would never actually admit it to him. Plagg thought about how Adrien was already in love with the Ladybug side of Marinette, he needed to learn to accept the girl under the mask,  Plagg finally reached a verdict.

"Adrien, go visit her as Chat before you have to go visit her as Adrien."

Adrien gave him a puzzled look, "I thought you said I shouldn't visit her as Chat?"

"I changed my mind, don't ask questions, just do what I tell you" Plagg pleaded, he needed Adrien to end up with Marinette so that he would be happy and because she was a baker's daughter so that meant delectable pairings for his cheese of course.

Adrien didn't need to be told twice, he loved being in Marinette's company, she was a very good friend. However, the thought of Marinette being his friend left him feeling uneasy. Could she be more to me? What about Ladybug? Is it time to move on from Ladybug? The thoughts in Adrien's head bombarded him, "Plagg, claws out!" he said to try and shut it all down, a piece of unfinished cheese falling on the floor.

Marinette's Balcony

"Tikki, everything needs to be perfect ABSOLUTELY PERFECT !" Marinette screeched as she paced back and forth across her balcony. "Marinette relax, you've already baked three batches of cookies from your stress, everything is going to be alright." Tikki tried comforting her unsuccessfully. "TIKKI!!! Remember the last time Adrien came over? Absolute disaster, it was the most awkward thing ever!" Marinette cried. Tikki was at a loss for words, how was she supposed to console her? She collapsed on the floor " Tikki, I just can't do it, I could never talk to him properly." Marinette grumbled sadly.

Chat Noir stood on the top of a nearby building, observing Marinette for a little bit. She was pacing back and forth across her balcony, gesticulating dramatically, talking to herself. He chuckled, she's so cute, he thought and immediately blushed, ignoring that thought. Suddenly she slumped on the ground and buried her head in her arms. His heart panged with guilt, he didn't want to seem cocky but he was almost certain that she was thinking about him, well Adrien. He watched her for a little while longer, as she moved to the railing of her balcony and started to hit her head softly on the railing, muttering something to herself. Chat decided that this was the time to step in.

"Are we not having such a paw-some time purrincess?" Chat asked as he landed on her railing. Marinette, not startled due to her all-consuming problem, looked up lazily. "What is it kitty?" Marinette asked, half-interested. "I-err was passing- uh by and uh saw you freaking out on the balcony." Chat lied. Marinette groaned as she buried her head back into her lap. "What's wrong my princess? I promise to help you, I'm your knight in shining leather." Chat Noir assured, he did not know where all of that came from, those were the types of things he said to Ladybug. Then again, when Marinette wasn't stuttering, being shy or clumsy, she was strong, confident and beautiful, just like Ladybug.

" Well, it's just that, the boy I'm in love with is coming over today," Marinette confessed. Chat Noir felt a pang of jealousy, she was in love with Adrien and not Chat Noir. Even though they were the same person Chat felt more like himself when he was transformed, as Adrien, he always had to be perfect, Chat was the real him. Regardless, he shouldn't think about Marinette like that, he had no reason to be jealous of himself, he didn't even like her in that way, right?

"Are you still mad at him for the other night?" Chat Noir asked in unnecessary fear. "No, I could never be mad at him, no matter what," Marinette replied sadly. Chat felt a wave of guilt wash over himself, she loved him so much, and he didn't feel the same way, at least he thought he didn't. "Listen, Mari, from what you tell me, he sounds like an amazing guy, if you want him to get to know you, you need to be able to talk to him." Chat advised. " I know Chat, but I just get so nervous around him," Marinette grumbled. Chat cupped his hand around her face and lifted her head, Marinette shivered from the intimacy of the moment as her eyes went wide. "Hey listen to me, you are amazing, trust me, I know you're nervous, but I promise you're going to be alright, it won't be as bad as you think it will be, you got this and I believe in you." Chat said in a low voice that made Marinette forget how to speak.

Dumfounded, Marinette watched Chat as he gave her a warm and encouraging smile. "Ah princess, I must be on my way now." Chat said sadly, as he realized it was time to be at Marinette's house, but as Adrien. He didn't want to leave her but hoped that their talk would help her open up to him. Chat quickly kissed her on her soft cheek while blushing and jumped off the balcony. Marinette sat frozen on the floor as she felt the heat rise to the spot where he kissed her, she brought her hand up to her face, touching her cheek to make sure it actually happened, while she heard the bell ring as the door of the bakery opened. 

Hey guys, I know I seem to write this every chapter, but I have been receiving tremendous support over the past few days and it has really helped me be uplifted and motivated with this story. I want to know if you guys want to see more from the kwami's?  If you have any thoughts and opinions on the story so far please don't hesitate to comment. Don't forget to vote and make sure to stay save guys :))