Author's note

Conception of story:

I already have a Beauty and the Beast-ish reimagining set in the present-day Shadows Universe. However, this is a spin-off of The General's Cause, a historical fiction c-drama-ish story, and a retelling of Bluebeard/Beauty and the Beast. There are several versions of Bluebeard, one of them is called is called The White Dove, which is where the title comes from.

Possible Trigger Warnings:  (Not that they are the majority of the story, but they're there.)

Murder(s),

Toxic male lead,

Revenge,

War,

Child Abuse,

Bullying,

Tragic backstory,

Betrayal,

Kidnapping,

Villains, etc.

Also, this is my first time writing a male lead who can be beastly in nature, as I tend to abhor those male love interests when reading/watching entertainment, so please bear with me as I try my hand at this. Even the Conqueror, from The General's Cause, (who is not the male protagonist/lead/villain of that story), is not as brutish as this one is at first. If you are turned off by that, then I ask that you consider whether you want to read a Bluebeard/Beauty and the Beast retelling. For instance, I am not a fan of BOF/Meteor Shower/Meteor Garden, so if the male lead is a no-no for you there, then make an informed choice. Don't force yourself to read anything you don't want to read.

Additional author's note: The song above sounds vocally so close to my favorite Spanish cover of this song that I'm blown away. In addition to their voices being so perfectly matched, and the control Mr. Jing has for his voice, wow. Also, the fact that the one who sings the male part is the actor that I picked as my faceclaim for the Conqueror, a character who does not believe in love and has his own...story, is just ironic. Maybe he sings it as an ode for his sister's story?