~Royal Sin~ Chapter 7

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

-7-

Human

Prince's POV

The walk back to the orphanage was definitely awkward as hell. After realizing Snap wasn't even paying attention to me, I called him out on it and now I made things awkward.

Damn it.

"So... what were you trying to tell me earlier?" Snap asked, breaking the awful silence. I mentally sighed and thanked him for doing that.

"Well... I met the guy who we saw at the riverside." I told him, feeling my heartbeat accelerate at the thought of Warlock.

I saw Snap visibly tense up at that. Huh- I wonder if he was worried?

"What's wrong Snap?" I asked, curious as to what he was thinking. He had a very obvious fake smile on his face, and shook his head. "Nothing."

"Mm... his name is Warlock. Ever heard of him?" I then noticed how he exhaled deeply and seemed... relieved? What in the world is going on in that brain of his?

"Nope. Doesn't seem like a person I would hang out with though." He told me as we rounded the corner, and it was just a straight walk to arrive at the orphanage.

"Besides, what about the butcher? You know he's been trying to get your attention for a while now right?" Snap reminded me about my unwanted suitor.

I sighed.

"I'm not interested in him. Seems like he's only interested in my looks, always the same compliments, "looking good- or what's up hot stuff-" it gets incredibly annoying." I frowned, feeling a little irritated at the thought.

"Yeah- I noticed that too. Sounds better than a sketchy ass dude though." Snap stated bluntly and I rolled my eyes in response.

"Well- I know I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite but- Warlock is ten times hotter than the butcher in the marketplace." I bit my lip slightly.

Snap scoffed at that.

As soon as we entered the premises, I noticed one of the girls signaling us to come through the back. I didn't know what they had planned but I grabbed Snaps arm and pulled him along with me.

"Ayo! Why the hell are we taking the long way?? I'm tired-" He complained as I continued to pull him along.

"You look cuter with your mouth closed Snappy." I winked and teased him. He sent me a playful glare in return.

I stopped him as soon as I caught a glimpse of some birthday decorations set up from the inside. "Okay- I know this is gonna sound super weird and sexual, but can you close your eyes for a minute?" I asked with an innocent smile.

"You know that little innocent vibe I'm getting just makes it worse right?" He hesitantly closed his eyes. I rolled my eyes at him once again and grabbed onto his hands, carefully leading him towards the door.

"This isn't some secret plan to murder me right?" He asked, half jokingly and half serious.

"No bitch. It's not. And even if it WAS why on Earth would I tell you beforehand?" I shook my head. "Watch your step." I told him, and he stepped over the small steps.

I smiled over at everyone who had the confetti poppers ready as soon as I gave the signal. There was so many decorations up and there was surprisingly a lot of variety of foods to choose from.

"Alright... open your eyes." I stated loudly and moved aside so he could have a full view of everything. As soon as he opened his eyes, everyone popped the confetti and screamed out: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

By the way, it lowkey scared the shit out of me but I wasn't gonna tell anyone that-

"W-what the- Prince?! You guys what-" Snap kept stuttering up a storm which was SO adorable and I simply smiled at him in response.

"We had to keep you away from home somehow without you getting suspicious." Mother Herlinda told him with a smile of her own.

"I- I have no words... Uh... thank you-" He looked to be flustered but more so happy than anything else. Which, in turn, made ME happy.

"Wait, what about the ingredients? I'm confused- aren't we supposed to use these for something?" Snap asked curiously.

I wanted to know the answer to that too- I thought we were going to use these ingredients to bake a cake for him.

"Well, we decided to bake you a cake today and I simply wanted you to replace the ingredients so we would still have some for the week." Hacker responded for everyone.

"Ah- that makes sense. Mm... I've never had cake before..." He looked over at the beautifully decorated cake sitting on top of the dinner table.

"Neither have I- surprisingly. This might be the first time we had enough money to actually afford to bake a cake for once!" I was honestly, kind of excited.

"Oh! Right! I made you a little something!" I announced with pure and utter glee coming from my voice. I rushed over to our room and scrambled under my bed, reaching around blindly before I felt the familiar bag and yanked it out in a rush.

I ran back down with the heels of my boots clicking with each step, making the trip back to the party shorter. I made my way over to Snap who was currently speaking to Hacker and Lindy.

"I found it!" I stated cheerfully and ran over to him, outstretching my arm and holding out the bag. He eagerly accepted the gift and opened it up to pull out the knitted sweater which took FOREVER to make.

It was seriously such a hassle to do the same exact thing over and over again.

"Woah... you made this for me?" He sounded almost... surprised. Huh.

"Well obviously Snap." I responded sassily, and crossed my arms over my chest. He held it up and admired the way it looked and felt. Personally I cringed at seeing some of the flaws in it.

"It's better than most of the clothes I own." He smiled over at me and literally yanked me into a full on hug. I was shocked for a moment but I hugged him back with a warm smile.

"Prince- would you be a dear and fetch some extra water? Just one bucket should be more than enough!" One of the older girls asked and I nodded. "Of course! Right away!"

"Hey wait- are you sure you'll be fine on your own? And- it's getting kind of late don't you think?" Hacker asked concerned.

"Sure! It won't take long! Besides, the sun hasn't even set yet!" I yelled back as I exited the building with a spare bucket in my hands.

Welp. Here I go again! Back to the riverside.