~Royal Sin~ Chapter 1

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

-1-

Human.

Prince's POV

- Mother Herlinda had instructed me to go down by the river and fetch some fresh water for tonight's soup. It was my roommate Snaps birthday and we wanted to make his favorite soup as a present. I had asked one of the girls in the room across the hall if I could borrow their sewing supplies so I could knit him a sweater.

Of course, it's quite difficult to hide his gift from him since he slept in the same room as me. I would literally have to run to the woods just to get any progress done.

My black ankle boots really popped out with all of the autumn colors of the fallen leaves, also making really satisfying crunchy sounds every time I took a step.

"Ayo! Prince! Wait up!!" I heard Snaps voice call out from a distance behind me.

"Snap? Aren't you in charge of lunch distributions today?" I arched a brow questioningly at him. I waited for him to catch up before I began to walk again.

"That's what I thought too. Mother Herlinda said I could take a break today so... just decided to tag along with you and keep you company." He said, walking at the same speed as me.

"Awww... how sweet! You chose me over everyone elseee!" I said in an annoyingly sweet voice.

"Ight- Imma dip." He stopped walking and turned dramatically.

"Oh no you don't. You're stuck here with me." I grabbed the sleeve of his shirt and dragged him along with me. "Aye! You're gonna rip my sleeve if ya keep tugging at it like that!"

I released my weak grip on his arm, and smiled to myself contently as I saw out of the corner of my eye how he continued to follow me. I tossed one of my buckets over at him which he caught almost instinctively.

Once we were in view of the river, I sped up my pace and swung my bucket dramatically. "Hurry up Snap! We need to get this water back ASAP!" I called out, practically jogging.

"WE?! I- this is YOUR task!" His voice echoed with how loud his tone was. I rolled my eyes with a small grin on my face, reaching the edge of the crystal clear river and kneeling down to scoop up some water.

I set down the bucket on my right side and grabbed the other one I had handed to Snap once he was within reach of me.

"Ah shit- we should go." Snap told me in an almost demanding tone.

"Uh... give me a moment! This requires patience!" I wasn't too bothered by his words, he would always try to tease me like this so it was normal.

"No- Prince! Look!" He was half whispering, half growling.

I quirked up my eyebrow and looked in the direction he was facing, which was to my left. I froze once I realized there was two guys dressed in pure black, currently on the wooden bridge and crossing the river.

Stranger danger!

I backed up with the buckets of water in my hands, clearly struggling a bit. Snap took the one from my right hand and ushered me back in the direction of the orphanage, his free arm gripping my shoulder.

"Woah Snap! It's okay! We're fine! They're probably just merchants or something-" I told him once we were at a safe distance to speak.

"You should know by now- I have a hard time trusting people. ESPECIALLY sketchy dudes like them." He replied, visibly calming down and sighing deeply.

I turned my head ever so slightly to check if the guys were still on the bridge but nope! They were fucking following us.

"Uh... Snap- soooo what would you do if I told you the two guys were following us-" I smiled awkwardly over at him. He looked over at me dead in the eyes.

"You better be fucking with me." He said in such a monotone voice which made me wanna laugh in such a serious situation. My worry eventually calmed down my feeling to laugh but Snap was about to have a panic attack.

I fully turned my head to see if they were following us and when I did, the taller guy literally FROZE in his tracks. His buddy looked over at him confused and he mumbled something to him before they ended up turning back around.

I was very much confused, and so was Snap judging by his puzzled expression. "Maybe you scared him away." He broke the silence with a light hearted joke.

"How so? Do I look intimidating?" I pouted my lips and blinked innocently.

He snorted in laughter. "NOT LIKE THAT- I meant... Ahhh fuck never mind. It's not funny if I have to explain it-" He sighed and decided to just carry my bucket back to the orphanage for me.

"Should we tell Mother Herlinda about this?" I moved some of my dark brown hair out of my face.

"Nah. She won't sleep cause of worry if we do tell her." He replied.

I bit my lip anxiously. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be keeping this to myself and not tell anyone about it. What if they decide to follow us again back to the orphanage and rob us??

What kind of monster would rob an orphanage?!

"We can keep a look out. If that would make you feel better." Snap spoke up. I glanced over at him and nodded slightly. "It would actually.."

"Alright." He said and after that, it was awkwardly quiet the whole way back. I knew Snap was slightly worried about the whole incident but he was real good at hiding it.

"You guys!! Seriously it does NOT take that long to get some water!" One of the girls, Lindy, rolled her eyes at us and snatched both of the buckets to take them inside.

"A thank you would be nice!" Snap called out.

"Kiss my ass! You took fucking forever!" She shook her head and made her way into the building. I sighed and crossed my arms.

"What's with her?" He had his arms crossed as well.

"She was worried. Don't worry too much about it." I smiled a bit.

My mind kept wandering back to those two mystery guys. I must admit... the taller one was kinda... attractive. Okay fine- he was HELLA attractive. Unfortunately, I would be more impressed if he wasn't acting like a creep and getting me paranoid.

Guess we won't be sleeping tonight.