The Runaway

I watched as my mate held her brother high, on his last breath and I knew this wasn't my mate. I Alpha ordered her but she gave me one glance before turning back to her brother. He gasped on his last breath and I wasn't sure what to do. But I immediately regretted what I did do.

My mate gasped and looked at me, her eyes going back to their beautiful hazel and blurring over.

"You... You hit me... You hit me.."

"Baby... Princess... You were gonna kill him... I didn't want that guilt for you. Please! Baby, please! I'm so sorry! I didn't know what to do! Baby, come back here!" I shouted to my mate as she ran away. I was about to run after her when her brother grabbed my arm and shook his head.

"She needs to clear the air. She was right to do what she did to me but you were also right to stop her. The guilt would gnaw at her. I regret what I did to her and she may never forgive me, but if she killed me she would also never forgive herself."

I couldn't take the guilt gnawing at me though. I quickly left the room and escaped to my office, where I could bury myself in work for as long as I wanted. I didn't think I'd be needing my safe haven so soon after meeting my mate, my beautiful, brown eyed Carisma ...

💔💘💔💘👞👠👗👔👫💃🏃

Carismas POV
-------
I tried clearing my head while I ran through the woods but my head was focused on one part of my life and I was blocked by to see any other part of my life, a distraction I oh so wished I could access.

Finally overwhelmed I slid down a nearby tree tree, sitting and put my hands on my face, letting out the tears. I just couldn't see past his hand connecting with my cheek. After all the abuse I had suffered through, he thought it was ok to slap me. Why?

I breathed deeply, looking at the sky, finally my head starting to clear.

My brother... How dare he even think he deserves my forgiveness. Just watching Andy sometimes joining. Never protecting me from the physical and mental abuse from my pack and myself.

I remember the time I started cutting, just at the top of my thighs, not low enough to be seen and not deep enough to draw blood, but it definitely caused pain. The pain was welcome. I used to feel like I deserved the abuse and hated myself, therefore cutting myself to make myself feel even more pain. But I was young and stupid. I didn't know what else to think.

But... I almost killed him. My own blood, no matter whether he was a true brother or not. I, I almost murdered someone. Oh goddess. And my mate was the only one who could even possibly stop me... This made me sob harder and I curled into a ball, falling asleep when there was no longer any tears to let out.

💧💧💧💧💧💤💤💧🌳🌙🍂

My eyes peeled open slowly, crusted a bit with the tears and I felt surprise at how comfortable I felt in the woods. I placed my hands on the ground only to feel a comforter.

I sat up immediately, my eyes widening and looked around only to see my handsome mate laying down on a couch in front of a window. I saw a clock that read 4:00 am and I went next to my mate, crawling in the covers, deciding to get a few extra hours of sleep.

💋❤️💄💖💕

"Carisma... Carisma wake up please. I want to talk with you." I heard through my hazy dream state and slowly peeled my eyes out.

"Listen Trav,there is nothing to talk about-"

"Carisma please!"

"Wait Trav... you didn't hear what I had to say. There's nothing to say except thank you. We were both wring in the way we went about things but you saved me from that guilt. only a true mate who cared would be brave enough to do something like that, risking our mate bond so I wouldn't have to live with guilt for the rest of my life. Thank you."

Travis drew me closer to him and nuzzled his head into my neck, breathing in my scent as I did him.

People who are really there for you will hurt you, just so you don't have to hurt yourself. That's real bravery.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

AUTHORS SECTION: DONT HATE ME CUZ I LOVE YOU ALL. SO SORRY BUT I HAD MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK AND SCHOOL HAS BEEN CRAZY, PREPARING FOR TWO DIFFERENT COMPETITIONS, TESTING, AND HAVING ALL HONORS (AND GETTING TWO OF THE WORST TEACHERS IN THE SCHOOL) CAN REALLY STOP ME FROM HAVING FREE TIME NOT TO MENTION IM GOING TO TRY (KEY WORD: TRY) FOR CHEER. HUGS AND KISSES. IDEAS AT THIS MOMENT ARE VERY MUCH WELCOME!!!!
💋Dreamfirever