𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶?

ılı

ılı.lıllıılı.ıllı
playιng: Why 𝚋𝚢 ONF
1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

TIMELINE: SET A FEW WEEKS BEFORE KINGDOM

゚°☆*:.。.✿⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊゚°*:.。.✿☆° ゚

[February 2021]

"Na Bi!" The 6 year old girl's ears perked up, seeing her teacher signalling her to come over.

Hurriedly, she grabbed her back pack and a card she made for her fathers. It was father's day soon and she was planning to give it to them on the said day.

The girl ran to her teacher's side and slipped her hand into her teacher's ones. ''Someone has come to pick you up Na Bi'' she flashed her a smile as Na Bi took small skips beside her.

''I'm not really sure sweetheart. But I do know she is one of the people that works at your father's company''.

Na Bi thought deeply. Could it be the nice Ms. Jang who always secretly spoils her with sweets? Or could it be Mr. Heo who is also known as her infamous partner in crime?

She gripped her backpack strap tightly and felt an uneasy feeling bubbling at the pit of her stomach. Once she was at the gate, she saw a lady dressed in a full work attire, eyes still glued to her phone.

Na Bi's eyes landed on the ID card that hung around her neck.

Kwon Jina

Written in big, bold letters and the JYP entertainment logo pasted underneath it. 'Oh? Kwon Jina? I've never seen her around though...' Na Bi thought to herself, the palms of her hand getting colder and colder.

Ms. Ahn, the teacher, noticed the change in Na Bi's behaviour. The elder crouched down to her eye-level and saw Na Bi continuously glancing at the new lady.

"Nana, is there anything that is bothering you?"

She shook her head and gave a cheerful grin, trying to convince her teacher she was alright. Ms. Ahn wasn't convinced at all.

"I'm alright Ms. Ahn! Come, I can't wait to see my dads" she tugged on her teacher's hand and pulled the elder forward.

"Ms. Kwon? Are you here for Na Bi?" The said lady looked up from her phone and her lips immediately curled up into a smile. "Yes I am, actually! I'm here for this little butterfly" she crouched down and waved to Na Bi.

Na Bi, who was initially hiding behind Mrs. Ahn slowly approached the lady. "I'm sorry Ms. Kwon, but I've never seen you around. Dad said to not follow strangers" she said and tightly gripped Mrs. Ahn's hand.

Jina bit her lip, trying to keep up the smile.

"I'm a new worker sweetie. I just started my job today..." she told her and ruffled Na Bi's hair.

The small girl internally cringed at those actions but stayed silent. Though she didn't really like the lady, Chan always told her to be polite and nice to everyone.

She didn't want to put dirt on her fathers' name because of her bad attitude. They've gone through enough and do not need anymore weight to be placed on their shoulders.

"Well, if you say so I guess. See you tomorrow Mrs. Ahn!" With an unsure smile, she bid her teacher goodbye. Na Bi took Jina's hand and with that the two head straight to a grey coloured car.

Ms. Ahn didn't fail to miss the unsure look on Na Bi's face. She was suddenly overwhelmed with this negative feeling.

"I don't feel so good right now..."

༺✧-'࿐꧁꧂࿐-'✧༺

"Here Na Bi, let me take care of your bag" Jina said, taking the bag from the girl. "Wait! Ms. Kwon, can you please put the card in my bag? Its for my dads" she handed her the card.

Jina pursed her lips before nodding, complying to Na Bi's wishes. She made sure Na Bi was seated comfortably and had put on her seat belt.

When she placed Na Bi's bag into the boot of the car, Jina took a look at the card that Na Bi made for her 8 fathers.

She smirked at the sight of it before throwing the card over her shoulder. After closing the boot of the car, she made her way towards the driver seat.

A smile was given to Na Bi. ''Are you thirsty?'' she asked sweetly. Na Bi hummed in reply and grinned sheepishly. ''Sorry Ms. Kwon''.

''Not to worry sweetheart. Here'' Jina handed her a drink and Na Bi's eyes instantly lit up at the sight of it. ''Apple juice!'' she exclaimed happily.

Jina let out a small chuckle as she watched Na Bi chug down the drink. ''You're so adorable'' a light pat was given on her head.

A few minutes into the drive, Na Bi let out a small yawn and rubbed her eyes sleepily. ''Ms. Kwon, can I take a short nap please?''.

''Oh sure! Go ahead Na Bi. You can use the pillow if you want'' and she did. She slowly fell asleep hugging the soft material.

Unknowingly, a smirk was plastered on Jina's face as she lightly tapped the steering wheel. A satisfied sigh left her lips.

''Ah...finally''

                                                                            ༺✧-'࿐꧁꧂࿐-'✧༺

''Hyung! I'll be right back'' Seungmin told his manager before sliding the van door close. The latter happily walked up towards the colourful building.

He gave Ms. Ahn a smile, bowing to the teacher. ''Good evening Ms. Ahn! I'm here to pick up my daughter'' The lady's eyebrows instantly furrowed at his statement.

''But there was a lady who came to pick Na Bi up just now...'' she told the younger, her voice wavering a bit. Now it was Seungmin's turn to be confused.

''Someone came to pick her up?'' he asked and she nodded. ''I told Mrs. Jang and Mr. Heo that I'd be picking her up today'' he told her, an uncomfortable feeling rising in his chest.

''It wasn't them. The lady that picked Na Bi up...her name is Kwon Jina and she said she's a new employee at JYP. She even showed her staff ID'' Mrs. Ahn explained to Seungmin.

His fists were clenching and unclenching repeatedly in an anxious manner. Despite that, he managed to flash her a small smile and thanked the teacher.

He hurriedly walked back to the black van until he stepped on something. A piece of paper to be exact.

Annoyed, the male picked up the paper that he stepped on, eyes widening when he saw who it was meant for.

''To the best fathers in the world, Happy Father's day!! From, Nana :D''

When Seungmin opened the card, he saw a drawing of all 9 of them together and 'Nana and dads' written in a huge black font. There was also a little note written in it.

That was definitely the last straw. Seungmin anxiously dialled Chan's number, hands shaking as he placed the phone to his ear.

''Hello? Seungmin?'' Chan's voice could be heard from the other line.

''H-Hyung...'' Seungmin called out to the elder, his voice cracking with the lump in his throat growing bigger.

''Seungmin? Whats wrong?''

''Nana...she's gone...''

____________

[edited]