I'm Not Scared

"What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is the quote I found for Sky, just thought you guys might enjoy it too.

Brook's POV

"How about you?" Sky asked me.

I started to get worried. He wanted to know how I felt? I guess I should tell him...

"You wanna know how I feel?" I asked.

"I guess..." he muttered.

I thought about how I should explain it, but I couldn't find the right words. 

"Uh... it's hard to explain..." I said.

He gave me a solid stare. "I explained it," he said flatly.

"Okay, okay, fine," I said. "I'll try."

But I still couldn't find what to say.

Please don't freak out, Sky, I silently pleaded.

Then I leaned towards him and gently, very gently, pecked him on the lips. I quickly pulled back after and saw his wide eyes and pink face. 

"S-sorry," I stammered, backing away but then running into the counter. "I-I just thought that would explain it..."

I watched in fear as he stood up and walked over to me. But my fear instantly disappeared the moment he locked our lips again. 

I had kissed lots of boys before, but this kiss was different. Not in a bad way, of course. It's just, Sky hardly touched people, and now here we were, kissing like that fear didn't exist.

Ever since I had broken up with Zach and met Sky, I missed having someone kiss me every time they saw me.

But slowly, very slowly, Sky was fixing the hole in my heart.

(My bestie drew this picture of Sky and Brook kissing, she deserves all the credit)

***

That night, I went to sleep on the couch and woke up feeling giddy. Me and Sky both liked each other! 

I couldn't be happier.

Serena, Maddie, and Cassie came down for breakfast and we all began talking to each other. It seemed like the conversation would avoid me and Sky, but then Cassie pulled out her phone and showed us a video.

I stared in horror at it.

It was a video of me and Sky from last night.

Thankfully, the video didn't pick up our voices or any sound in general, but it still showed what happened.

Before we could kiss, Sky snatched the phone out of Cassie's hand and growled, "Where did you get this?"

"I set up a hidden camera," she said flatly. "It's been there almost the whole time we've been here. You kept looking at it during the video, too."