The Ultimate Sacrifice

Brook's POV

Soon, we came to the stairs that me and Sky had took when we first left the facility.

"And where do you think you're going?" A voice boomed.

I frowned and looked at Sky. It was The Voice. I hated him.

"Now, we can't have four people leaving the facility," The Voice continued. "Please, come back inside. I need to talk to all of you."

"Leave us alone, you creep," Sky growled. "I have just as much responsibility and power as you."

"Oh, really?" The Voice said. "You can't even stop time for a full minute."

"And how long can you do it, huh?" Sky asked, his lips bent in an angry scowl.

"About 2 minutes," The Voice said. "I've had practice."

"So have I," Sky retorted. "Even if I can't stop time for 2 minutes I can still stop it long enough to get away."

Cassie's eyes widened and she grabbed Sky's arm. "Skylar, whatever you're thinking, stop. Maybe we should just go back..."

"Madelyn, I need you to teleport somewhere for me," Sky said, turning and looking at her.

Maddie grinned and made a peace sign. "No problemo! Where to, fam?"

"We're going to mine and Cassie's house," he said. "Take Brook with you, I'll probably only be able to carry Cassie when I say the spell."

Suddenly I heard footsteps marching down the hallway. I glanced back and saw 10 full grown men with guns coming towards us. Sky swore, then said a spell. They suddenly stopped moving.

"Okay, go," Sky said. "We'll be right behind you."

Maddie grabbed my arm, said the teleporting spell, and suddenly we were standing on Sky's front porch. 

"Teleporting makes me sick," she complained, hugging her stomach. "But there's no way Sky would've been able to carry all of us."

We waited for about 10 seconds, but Sky and Cassie still didn't come. 

"Are they okay?" I asked worriedly. "It's been a while."

"They'll be fine, fam, don't worry about it," Maddie said, checking her nails. "Sky'll keep Cassie safe."

30 seconds. Still no sign of them.

A minute. I was getting really worried now. 

A minute and a half. Even Maddie was starting to look worried now.

Two minutes. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Where are they?" I said, looking up and down the street. "They should be here by now."

Maddie met my gaze. "Do you think..."

I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. "No," I said. "No, no, no, no, no. They can't... they shouldn't..."

"They... can't be dead..." Maddie said, tears filling her eyes. "They're such good people... and they're both strong Wielders..."

3 minutes now. I was sitting with my back against the wall of Sky's house, tears spilling out of my eyes.

No... they couldn't be dead. 

But...

Were they?

4 minutes. Maddie was full on bawling now, and I was trying my best to comfort her.

5 minutes. We were in Sky and Cassie's house, trying to explain what happened to their mom.