Home Alone

As lunch time arrived, you realized Zoro was most likely not coming back. Disappointed at him for leaving you like that, you decided to take a stroll outside, maybe check on your old den in the forest and the puppies that lived alone on the street, taking some food with you inside your mouth to feed them if you found them.

Your heart ached, but you deserved that. You had gotten your hopes up and now here you were, feeling like an idiot and abandoned by the man you loved. Of course he wouldn't love you back. You were a stupid furry creature, not a gorgeous woman. Well, at least to him you weren't, because, in reality, you were a beautiful woman. But you'd never show him, not until you knew he wouldn't hurt you.

Leaving the house made you feel hurt. It had been a long time since you'd gone out to the streets, but at least you knew you had a home and a person to come back to. Although now, after seeing how rushed Zoro was to get away from you, you weren't so sure. What if he decided you were too weird and sold you off to some other family? You felt your eyes water, you had fucked up. You shouldn't have gotten so close to him, and now your heart was crushed.

To anyone it may seem like you were exaggerating. The fight for his love wasn't necessarily over after all, but you couldn't control your pain since part of it wasn't even yours. It was Zoro's, and it was flooding your mind as much as your dark emotions were flooding his, but Zoro had a trick up his sleeve. While you were left to bear with your feelings on your own, he was going to get hammered tonight, and he started drinking the minute he entered the Newgate house.

When Zoro had his talk with the two brothers, he had made up his mind to hook up with a girl tonight. Already with that mindset, your chest was feeling a little numb. It wasn't something you had felt before and, even though it overpowered the ache you felt ever since he had abandoned you at home, it was anything but soothing. It felt like it was the calm before a storm. Of course, being inexperienced and uneducated on the concepts of having a soulmate, you didn't understand what was going on with you and didn't pay it much attention.

The thing is, when there is a couple and their soulmate bond has been "activated", meaning they have at least met, their bodies would want only each other, and their minds and heart would connect, being able each to feel what their significant other is feeling. Sometimes, when the bond hadn't been developed on it's entirety, due to problems in communication or intimacy between the couple, any of the two could feel sexual intentions for another person, not to confuse with sexual attraction. Since they are already connected, the bond would tug harder and harder at the other person's heart, warning him or her about what was going on and making them crumble in pain. This wasn't a normal occurrence, but, unluckily for you, it was going to happen to you.

There were very little cases were a bond wouldn't get developed instantly, which is what happened to you and Zoro. You had the bond, but you had never acknowledged each other's feelings, so there was no way your bond would be stabilized by now. Because of this, as Zoro had set his mind to have sex with another woman, the tugging had already began. It was very faint, but as nighttime got closer, it was becoming more and more painful.

What made things worse for you two is that since magical creatures had magical bonds, your bonds with Zoro were stronger and harder to control than those of normal humans, so, whatever pain you'd feel as Zoro fooled around with another person, Zoro would feel a bit of it too.

-

Zoro couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt in the pit of his stomach, he felt his throat was closing up and he couldn't speak properly. His heart was thumping hard at his chest, and he felt his core flame in pain. Seeing how disheveled Zoro looked, his friends decided to start a little early and give him some booze to soothe his pains. Neither of them had met their soulmate yet, so they had no idea of what they were doing to him. Soon, the three of them were drunk and laughing at anything that came through their minds. Luffy, on the other side, didn't need the booze and had fun with them being his natural self. He called the rest of the group to remember them what he had said when he couldn't go see them at Zoro's place, telling them to come over at his place to later go to the club together.

As an hour had went by, Robin, Nami, Vivi, Usopp, Franky, Sanji, Chopper and Brook joined the group. They were all dressed up and ready to go. Seeing the state Zoro was in, Robin frowned and came over to his side to check on him. He looked like shit, and he was trying to get over his problems by drowning them with alcohol. Turning to the brothers, she asked:

"What the hell did you do to him?"

She knew Zoro wasn't one to go down easily, he could drink more than many and not even be fazed. To get himself into this state, he must've had a lot of drinks, and she had a suspicion that he was doing this to get over the feelings his soulmate was giving him.

"We just helped him relax. He was feeling tense and now we are going to help him get laid." Said Ace cheekily, making Sabo cringe at the words he used to explain the situation.

"Did you know he met his soulmate?"

"It's a cat, Robin. He's just frustrated and needs to release, if you know what I mean." Again, Sabo cringed at how Ace was talking, deciding to slap his moth shut and take the lead.

"It's alright, we'll be on him the whole night. He'll be fine." Said Sabo, trying to calm the angered woman down.

"No, Sabo. He won't be fine. That cat is his soulmate. It's not a cat, it's a cad."

Sabo's eyes grew as large as plates and he sat silent. Shit, he thought. He had fucked up, and big time. Ace had the same reaction. They in the past had had a very special bond with a cad they had met, the girl in the orphanage, so they knew exactly what Robin meant.

"H-how do you know? You can't be sure." Said Ace, skeptical to what his friend was telling him.

"I. Am. Sure." She said grimly. Boy was she scary when she was serious.

"Ok, shit. Well let's just send him back home then." But Zoro was nowhere to be found. He and Luffy had sneaked off, got inside the first cab they could find and were already on their way to the club with Nami and Usopp.