Five

Betty came back home around 5 pm and saw that Veronica was already there lounging on the couch with a bag of chips beside her. She smiled at the sight while keeping her bag down. Back in Riverdale, the Lodges were to be well kept and that meant not being messy at all. For Betty, the rules were pretty strict as well, like coming home by 8 pm and 1 minute late and she'd have to hear a huge lecture on it. I guess that's the first thing they bonded over, their mutual hate towards their parents. She took a quick shower and jumped on the couch making Veronica almost fall.

" B!!!", Veronica shrieked in fright.

Betty laughed at that and took the opportunity to snatch the chips out of Veronica's hands. She made herself comfortable while munching as Veronica adjusted herself back on the couch. They then started watching Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Veronica suddenly said," I have a question. What do you think about the coworkers to lovers concept? Do you think it will always last, like Jake and Amy? And like what would happen if they were to break up?"

Betty narrowed her eyes with a smirk and said," I will answer that if you answer one of my questions. Why do you suddenly wanna know this?"

" No reason. Just wondering."

Betty internally laughed knowing that Veronica always had her reasons for doing or asking things but decided to ignore it. She replied," Honestly, I don't mind that kind of trope. Sometimes that might be the best of them as you know about your partners work life. Like most break ups happen due to not knowing what the other person does at work or when work becomes more important. Like Rosa and Jocelyn. Also you know that no one will ever know how long the relationship may last but if they break up...you can say things are gonna be VERY uncomfortable."

Veronica pondered over that for a few seconds and then Betty asked smirking," You thinking about you and Archie?"

Veronica's eyes grew wider as she exclaimed," No! Of course not!"

" Yeah says the girl who daydreamed about him first thing in the morning."

Veronica rolled her eyes and then asked this i time it was her smirking," What about that hot brother of the Jellybean? Ypu made a move yet?"

" V! I don't like him or anything to mAkE a MoVe. "

" Mhm...sure.", Veronica said teasingly.

" Seriously girl. But I did find out something interesting. His name is Jughead, your hot hunk's best friend."

" I know I said he was a hunk but don't call him that. He has a name although it's cool how our bosses are best friends."

" I don't know why but that feels weird to me."

" Everything is weird to you...it's nothing new."

They laughed and talk through the entire evening and on till night. While they were talking about their bosses, the bosses were talking about them. Archie had come over to Jughead's for dinner as he is pretty much a useless cook while Jughead was an amazing one. He was greeted by Jellybean who was like a sister to him. 

Archie greeted," Hey Jellybelly."

Jellybean smacked his arm and said," It's JB you idiot."

Archie smirked and said, " You know I don't care right?"

" Well you should or the next time you come, you will leave limping."

Jughead walked down the stairs at the exact moment and smirked," Not even a minute in and you are getting threatened by a 13 year old. I don't know how you do it but huge respect."

This time Archie hit him on the back of his head and walked away. They sat on the dinner table and started eating the pasta served. Jughead then asked," So what's new with you?"

" Nothing much but we got a hot new employee.", Archie said flatly.

Jellybean and Jughead coughed out their pasta at the same time in shock. Jughead then said," You could be a little less frank man. Kid in here."

JB shot back," Oh shut up Jughead. Atleast I know who he is talking about. Veronica right?". 

" Yeah her. How do you know that?", Archie questioned.

" That's Betty's best friend, you know my babysitter.We met her when we went to Pop's today for breakfast.", JB smiled and said.

Jughead mumbled slowly," I knew that."

" Anyways she's really pretty and nice. She is also new to this town so she doesn't know those rumors like the rest of this town."

Jughead and Jellybean knew what he was talking about but didn't extend that topic further. They looked at each other, sharing a similar smirk as the sang," Someone's in loveeee."

" Shut up you two. Anyways what's up with you guys?"

Jughead answered," Well we got a new babysitter for JB after the last mess. As you already know her name is betty and I think she is really sweet and was a perfect caretaker for JB."

Archie smirked this time and said," Only...a caretaker? What about a possible girlfriend?"

" Ok now you shut up. I don't like her that way even though she is really pretty and sweet and and all that."

Archie looked at Jughead questionably at his last few words but then sarcatically said," Yeah sure...but I had a question. Why does JB need a babysitter anyways. She's 13...she can stay home alone for the vacations and learn to grow I guess."

JB looked up and exclaimed," That's what I said, but this stubborn asshole won't listen."

" Get a sister or a child and you will know.", Jughead responded stuffing his face with the pasta.

Archie shook his head and then said," I just realized that our newly hired people are also best friends. That's kinda cool not gonna lie."

" I don't know...it's kinda weird to me for some reason."

" Everything is weird to you...it's nothing new."

A/N So I know a lot of you haven't watched Brooklyn Nine Nine so you might have some difficulties relating to what I wrote in one of those passages so I am gonna just explain. 

Jake and Amy are coworkers who start dating and things go smoothly for them and that's the dream lmao. Rosa and Jocelyn used to date and there was this time they were gonna break up because Rosa was consumed with her work a lot and so ye...relationship troubles. So like what I meant was if coworkers date they wouldn't have a hard time understanding why the other person was always consumed in their work.

Also don't forget to vote!