..... I finally beat the shit outta caleb.

Trigger warning: Caleb is being an ass again, some slurs are used, he gets yeeted.

So last time you guys read about my first date with dearest Anai. Well, nothing else interesting happened in the first week. Other than me asking about why Elian looked , ya know, normal. Turns out that answer was MUCH darker than expected. Apparently as a punishment for crimes against the L.O., they lock people up in a room with no access to magic. That's what causes the strange eye and hair colors. The drain takes about three years to go into full affect. But it can take a life time to get back to normal. Elian was one of the people to suffer from this punishment. He said his magic hasn't been as strong since, and it may never be again. Also, both Elian and Hera aren't even older than 35... Elian is 30 and Hera is 27. I guess war makes people age quickly. But that's not the story I'm telling today. Nah. Today is about the time I nearly got my ass kicked by Caleb.

August 24, 2020:

     I groan and sit up. "Another day of training." I pull on my uniform and glance in the mirror. I've lost weight. I head out into the kitchen. Lane is waiting for me. "Hey." I say. She grins at me. "Sup." She tosses me the cereal box. It's a different kind this time. "We ran out of the other type. There's chips in the pantry by the way. If ya want them." She says with a shrug. I shake my head and no and get a bowl of cereal. "I might grab some chips though. For later." I shrug. I eat my breakfast quickly. "Ready?" Lane nods and we head out into the common.

The other Star beings have gotten into the habit of being ready before the bell rings. "What are we doing today?" I ask Nat. She shrugs. "I think more energy magic. Considering you're the only one that's done it and you've only done it once, it makes sense that we're studying it." She says. I nod. The sound of Damien and Caleb arguing catches my ear. They haven't been getting along that well recently. Hera and Elian walk into the common. Elian looks even more disheveled than usual. Hera glances at him with worry and then quickly turns to us. "Ok children, we will be working on energy magic again today. So please leave your weapons and come with us."
We all walk to the arena, groaning. Energy magic is an extremely difficult skill. The fact I accidentally yeeted Lane made Hera believe that we're ready.
We are in no way ready. No one has been able to even conjure a bit of extreme force. It ain't good. We reach the arena. Hera turns to us. "Ok your pairs for today are; Delilah with Natalie, Hade with Mateo, Gabriel with Karson, Maxine with Lanett, and Caleb with Damien. Go!"
      Nat and I square up. "Ya Ready Uninata?" I taunt with a raised eyebrow. We don't have our weapons. Just hand to hand combat. I'm still terrified though. Nat is small and agile. All I've got going for me is two years of karate. And that was a while ago. Nat smirks. "Let's do this Sunburn."
      She immediately lunges. I dodge and almost fall over. I regain my balance and grin. "That all ya got?!" I shout. Nat grins back at me. "You asked then...." She raises her hands. Water seems to materialize out of thin air. My grin fades. "Oh shit." I dodge as three different blasts of water hit where I was just standing. "There's something on your shoe." I say with a smirk. "Like I'd-" I flick my hand. The ground beneath Nat lifts her up and floats for a second in the air. "DJ put me down. Wait-" "you asked. YAYEET!!!!" The rock tosses Nat. A blob of water catches her. "You good?" I ask. "Yep. Nice work." She says with a grin, automatically drying off her hair. And then sending the spare water at me. I dodge, and this time I don't nearly fall over.
A yell causes everyone to freeze. We all stare at Damien. And at Caleb, whose now ten feet away from his brother and sitting on his ass with a angry look. "I TOLD YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" Damien shouts. Oh shit did he...? "Caleb gets back up and stomps over to his brother. "Why the FUCK do you even care how I treat a couple of f*gs, d*kes, and tr*nny's?" He shoves Damien. "Did you ever think..." Damien gets up and glares at his brother. "That maybe, just maybe..." He lifts his fist like he's about to punch the shit outta Caleb. "I'M GAY?!?!" He punches his brother. And by punch, I mean that he hits him in the face with full force and then some. Damien figured it out. But that's not why everyone else's jaws were on the floor.
      Almost everyone looks shocked. Even Damien. But Maxine just smacks her forehead. "What did I say about coming out in an argument?" So THATS what she and Damien have been talking about for the past week. Caleb looks at his brother in shock and disgust. He gets up and wipes the blood off from under his nose. Damn Damien punched him hard. "F*ggot." He growls. That's when Damien breaks down. Almost instantly, everyone but Caleb is at his side. "I'm fed up with that asshole." I growl. Nat immediately gives me a look that juts screams "don't you do it dumbass" I step towards Caleb. I hear Nat curse under her breath.
       "I'm done with your fucking bullshit you homophobic, transphobic asshole." I say. "Damien is your fucking BROTHER. AND YOU CAN'T EVEN SHOW SOME SORT OF ACCEPTANCE???" I scream. "Shut up, little girl." He says with a small laugh. My jaw drops. I hear someone, probably Nat, smack their forehead. "Wrong choice, idiot." Nat says. But Caleb just laughs. "Ok sure." He says with sarcasm. "Go back to where you belong." I hear a struggle behind me. I think a couple people might be physically holding Nat, and probably Lane, back. But I don't blow a fuse. I'll save that for later. "Caleb.... I challenge you to a duel."