Getting Closer

Wei Ying

"Enough of that, fat cat... what are you doing here anyways?" Wei Ying asked to the black cat that had exposed his identity to his Lan Zhan so suddenly. He wanted to keep it a secret for a bit longer, but now that advantage was ruined.

"Kunlun is coming back soon and Shen Wei is here somewhere. You know Kunlun cherish Shen Wei more than anything, what do you think he will do when he comes back from the task the Jade Emperor gave him and find his lover gone to earth?" The cat asked and Wei Ying sighed.

"He will move heaven and earth to find him... ah, such a troublesome couple. Why didn't you stop Shen Wei from heading down?" Wei Ying asked.

"As if a cat king like me can stop a godly slayer." Da Qing said calmly.

"You are no king, but you are right, an old cat like you can't hold the mighty slayer. Damn it, the last thing we need if for Kunlun to be involve in this. As a mayor god, his doing will not pass unnoticed and as soon as the Jade Emperor finds out we are on earth, we are finish." Wei Ying said.

"When will the god Kunlun be here?" Lan Zhan asked, just to be clear on how many days he had left to live.

"In about a day or two in heaven, which will be around a month on earth, as time passes differently in this lower realm." Da Qing answer.

"Not enough time to find the monk..." Lan Zhan whisper, looking at Wei Ying.

"Then we need to make haste, I don't have enough energy to reach Shen Wei heading in the opposite way of ours, but I can manage a place close to the Nie Clan." Wei Ying said as he moved close to Lan Zhan.

"Can you really manage?" Lan Zhan asked with a hint of worry.

"Are you worry about me, Lan Zhan?" Wei asked mischievously as he passed a hand around his waist and pull him closer.

"Let go." Lan Zhan said as he seriously looked at the shameless god.

"How can I bring you along if I don't touch you? Beside, having a handsome man in my arms will give me the extra energy to reach farther... your golden eyes are blazing me to no end." Lan Zhan was ten times as flushed as the cat 'rolled' his eyes.

"I see you are still as shameless as Kunlun. I swear the both of you must had born under the same shameless star." Da Qing said, which make Lan Zhan smirk.

"Agree." Lan Zhan said as he look at the man still holding him tightly with one hand.

"Don't mind the pervert, Lan Wangji, just let him have his way this time. We really need to rush it, otherwise humanity may face another calamity sooner than later." The cat said as he placed himself over Lan Zhan's boots.

"See? Hold on to me too, my Lan Lan Zhan..." Wei teased.

"You have a hold on me strong enough for both and I am not yours." Lan Zhan said more seriously, but Wei Ying only smiled.

"We will see about that... hold on Da Qing, if you are left behind, I will be unable to rescue you for a while." Wei Ying said as he put his other hand on Lan Zhan's waist and used his remaining energy to reach the greatest distance he could manage in one go with his limitation in power in the human world.

When they appear again, the night had fall and in the distance they could see the dim lights coming from the Nie Clan, but even so, the Clan was at least a few hours away from their place. Wei Ying let go of Lan Zhan waist, but he stagger once more, for which Lan Zhan hold him back to prevent the mischievous god fall.

"Wei Ying..." Lan Zhan whisper, but this time Wei Ying's nosebleed was more serious and Lan Zhan has to help him sit in the ground, then held him as he make Wei Ying's move his head up and clean the running blood with a plain white handkerchief.