[ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ 𝑜𝑛 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒] (14) ✔︎

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

TO SAY CASSANDRA WAS SEETHING WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT. She was livid all the way back to her apartment. She couldn't believe that Elijah would lie to her all this time. After all they've been through he had the audacity to break his one true promise to her. There was a small part that was hoping he was in her apartment so she could cut him out of her life. She was done with people disappointing her. He knew how much Klaus had hurt her by lying to her but he does the exact same thing. Does he think that she would forgive him just because they spent more time together? If he does, he's got a train wreck coming for him. All her life she's dreamed about having her freedom, finding a man who will finally treat her right. She thought she found that in Elijah but apparently she was wrong. Life really said happiness for everyone but her. Even Elena fucking Gilbert got to be happy with Stefan. Granted, Klaus is hunting her down to kill her but she has a thousand people who would die for her. Cassandra just wanted one person who would do that for her. She couldn't help but think of all the times Klaus protected her from all the dangers that lurked around them. It was one of the things people actually admired about him, the way he was so protective and caring towards Cassandra. Turns out that was all an act that people believed.

Slamming the door shut, she walks into her living room about ready to rip someone's head off. She didn't even register the suited man who was standing next to her couch. All she saw was the colour red, her fists clenched together. When Elijah noticed her, a warm smile crept onto his face. He didn't seem to notice her hostile behaviour.  He puts the glass that he was holding in his hand down on the table next to him. The sound registers in Cassandra's ears as her head turns to finally make contact with Elijah. "Cassandra, I was wondering when you would--" He starts to say but he is cut off when she harshly shoves him back causing him to stumble. Elijah stares at her in complete shock, wondering what made her snap at him all of a sudden. Cassandra continues pushing him before he grabs her arms to make her stop.

"You are a fucking liar." She finally sneers at him as she rips her arms back from his grip. Elijah only continues to stare at her with furrowed eyebrows as a wave of confusion washes over him. The pit in his stomach told him that he already knew what was wrong but he desperately didn't want it to be real. He could see the utter betrayal on the raven haired girl's face.

"What do you mean?" He questions her as he goes to take a step closer to her but she only backs away from him. His jaw clenches a little as he can see the wall she is building around herself. Cassandra only scoffs, rolling her eyes as she can feel the tears creeping up, ready to expose out in the open. Elijah was trying to manipulate the situation, act like he didn't know what he lied to her about. This is the same type of behaviour that caused her to leave Klaus.