31 × [𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦]✓

CHAPTER THIRTY - ONE× the dinner party × •°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

× the dinner party ×
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

CASSANDRA WANTED TO RIP THE HEART OUT OF THE PERSON WHO DECIDED TO KNOCK AT HER DOOR SO EARLY IN THE MORNING. Grumbling, she got out of bed, putting on a shirt because she didn't know who was at the door. Sometimes, she wished she could cloak her apartment so that no one could bother her. That would solve so many of her problems. She had gotten home late as she wanted to check in on Caroline who didn't even tell her she had gotten bitten until after she was healed. Cassandra didn't know why Klaus had healed the blonde, maybe to gain favor with her but the raven haired vampire didn't care at the moment. She did notice an odd change in behavior from Caroline when she kept asking about Klaus though. Cassandra chose to ignore it, thinking it was her also trying to guess why Klaus would willingly help her out of the so called, goodness of his heart.

Sighing, Cassandra unlocks her door and pulls it open, rubbing her eyes for a moment before looking up. Her heart stops, not daring to look away because she wasn't entirely sure that she wasn't still dreaming. Her eyebrows furrow lightly, her eyes roaming over the man standing in front of her. "Elijah." She says breathless, taking in his appearance. It didn't seem like he was undaggered long as he was still in the clothes that he was wearing the day Klaus broke his curse. His hair was a mess but other than that he still looked as handsome as always.

"Hello, Cassandra." Elijah responds, a faint smile on his lips. He was expecting the door to be slammed In his face, knowing the girl had told him goodbye soon before he died. But Cassandra only was staring at him in pure shock, trying to figure out why he was standing outside of her apartment.

"How-- he undaggered you?" Cassandra asks confused, not thinking that Klaus would ever undagger Elijah at least not in this lifetime. The man daggered him for sleeping with his ex girlfriend for god sake.

"Not exactly." Elijah says as he shakxes his head, biting his lower lip. Cassandra nods, someone else must have pulled it out then. "May I come in?" He asks after a moment, a hopeful glint in his eyes as he puts his hands in his pockets. Cassandra gives him a small nod before walking away from the door so he could come in. "You know I'm sorry for not telling you the truth, right?" Elijah asks her as his eyes follow her movements. Cassandra rubs her face, she knew Elijah was going to apologize again but she didn't really need it anymore. She had forgiven him while he was locked in a coffin .

"I know. You don't have to apologize anymore." Cassandra says with a sigh making Elijah raise his eyebrows in surprise. Had he missed an entire chapter because last he knew, she didn't want to see him anymore. "Surprisingly, you're not the original I hate the most." She tells him as she finishes off her drink. Elijah furrows his eyebrows, closing the door behind him as he followed after her.