{22}

*Demi's POV*

I was happy that Kayla and Rachel had met.
Rachel was a very sweet person. She would fit in the family perfectly.
Dylan, Tiff, Sean and me all liked her. Now Kayla did, too. We would love to have her in the family and I'm sure the rest would love it, too.
She wouldn't mind either. She really needed a family, now. She's been going through a hard time and could really use a family. Her family.

We all didn't have a problem with her. Our problem was mom and dad.
For me and Tiff, it wasn't such a big problem. We just tried to accept it.
For Dylan, Sean and Kayla it was a big problem, though. And I get them. I totally do and so does Tiff. I just don't wanna be mad at them, before we know the reason behind it.

We decided to have a family night without mom and dad, to get to know her and for her to get to know the family. Once we're all comfortable with each other, we're gonna confront mom and dad about it.
The family night's gonna be tomorrow. Here, in our house.

"What are you thinking about?" Sean asked, as he came into the room.
I was nursing Jack, before putting him in bed.

"Rachel" I replied.

"You know, I really like her. She's really nice. I wouldn't mind it at all if she was my sister. I've always wanted an older sister"

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind either. She's sweet"

"So, what were you thinking about?"

"The way we're gonna tell mom and dad that we know they have another child. How do you think they'll react?"

"I don't know. I'm a little scared to tell them. But you know, that's what you get for hiding something like this. Did they seriously think we'll never find out? How can you hide a child from your other children? That's just so wrong"

"Sean, let it go for now, okay? Please. We've discussed this already. Let's wait till we know what's going on. Then we can be mad"

"Yeah, you're right. So, when's our doctors appointment?"

"Tomorrow morning"

"Okay good. I can come to work a little later"

"Yeah, we're gonna drop off the kids and then we're gonna go to the hospital. I'll drive you to work after that"

"And the family night is tomorrow, too?"

"Yep. Oh my god, I have such a good idea!"

"What?"

"We can surprise them during dinner. We'll tell them we're expecting. That's gonna be fun"

"Don't they already know?"

"Only Kayla and Tiff. But if we do it in a fun way, even they'll be surprised"

"Yeah, I like that. Have anything specific in mind?"

"Not yet, but I will soon"

"Mommy! Daddy! There's a dog in the house!" Avallyn screamed.
Sean jumped up.

"What the fuck? Where did we get a dog from?" he ran out of the room. I ran after him.
We ran downstairs and in the hall, next to the front door, was a little dog.
Avallyn hid behind me, while Ashley talked to it.

"Where did this come from?" I asked.

"Dunno. I heard Ashley talking, so I came to see who she was talking to" Avallyn said.

"Ashley, where did this dog come from?"

"Outside"

"Did you bring it in?"