{31}

"Let us go through, please. It's an emergency!" Tiff yelled as we arrived at the hospital.
It was packed.
She sat me down in a wheelchair and brought me to the right place.

"Don't worry, Demi. It'll be alright" she tried to comfort me. The worry was clear in her voice, though.

"What seems to be the problem?" the doctor asked.

"I think I'm having a miscarriage" I managed to say, through my tears.

"Okay, let's get you checked up fast then" she said, as she wheeled me into a room and started doing I don't know what.
I heard Tiff on the phone.

"Dylan, call Sean this minute. He doesn't answer my calls and Demi's in the hospital. He needs to come right now!" she said.

"No, it's an emergency. Something's wrong with their baby, Dylan. She needs him here" she sounded desperate.

"Okay. Thanks" she hung up.

"Dylan's calling Sean" she said, as she held my hand.

"Okay, it looks like I'm going to have to put you under anesthesia to be able to save the baby. Is that okay with you?" the doctor asked.

"Yeah, of course" I whispered.

"You will be in pain for a few days, though, after the anesthesia wears off. Are you sure you want to go through with it?"

"Anything to save my baby"

"Okay. I'm gonna give you this shot first, though, so you'll fall asleep faster and it'll go smoother" she said.

Tiff squeezed my hand, as the doctor gave me a shot in my back and I fell asleep.

"What happened? Is she okay? Is the baby okay?" I heard voices, as I woke up.
I opened my eyes slowly and saw Tiff still standing next to me, now with Max in her arms, though. On the other side of me, Sean sat on the bed, with Jack on his lap. Dylan was in the room, as well, with Shirley in his arms.

I shifted a little and they all realized I was awake.

"Hey" I gave them all a small smiled.

"How are you feeling?" Tiff asked.

"Like shit" I chuckled a little.
I looked at Sean and he was looking at me with guilt in his eyes. I smiled at him.

"Hi" I said.

"Hey" he whispered.
He was trying not to cry, but failed.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered.

Tiff and Dylan took this as a cue to leave the room.

"We'll be right outside if you need anything" Tiff kissed my forehead.

"Stay strong, Demi. We love you" Dylan also gave me a kiss on my forehead and they left the room.

"I'm so sorry, Demi" Sean cried.

"For what?"

"For not being there for you all this time. For not appreciating all you do for me. For not answering the phone when you called me. For not telling you enough how much you mean to me and how much I love you. I'm so so sorry"

"It's okay" was all I could say right now.

"How are you feeling? Are you in pain?"

"Yeah. It hurts like a bitch. Where's the doctor? Is the baby okay?"

"I don't know. I'm gonna call the doctor, okay?"

"Yeah, sure"

He stood up and took Jack with him.

"Can you leave him here?" I asked.

"Who? Jack?"

"Yeah"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I wanna spent some time with him"

"Okay" he put Jack on the bed and left the room.

"Hey baby" I smiled at Jack.

"Ma ma" he mumbled.

"Yeah, baby. I'm your momma. How are you feeling? Are you doing okay? Did you have fun with daddy today?"

He just smiled at me.

"Why did it have to be like this, baby boy? Why did it have to turn out like this? Why couldn't daddy just tell me that he loves me, without something bad happening? Why does something bad have to happen, to bring our family back together?" I cried.
I know he's just a baby, but it helped talking to him.
He put his hand on my cheek, in an attempt to wipe away my tears. I hugged him tightly and cried.

"Hey Demi, the doctor's coming- Are you okay?" Sean came in.

"Yeah, I'm fine. So, when's the doctor coming?" I brushed his question off.
I wasn't in the mood of talking about it now.
I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes, but I really didn't wanna talk about it now.

"The doctor's gonna be here in a minute" he said and sat down on the chair.
Tiff and Dylan came in a minute later with the doctor.

"Okay, Demi. We were able to save the babies. You are gonna have to come for a check up every week, to make sure it's all going okay, though. Once you enter your seventh month, we're gonna try to get them out. They need to get out as soon as possible, but we don't wanna risk it before the seventh month" she said.

"Babies?" I asked.

"Yeah, you're having twins" she smiled.

"Wow. I didn't know. And do you know what happened?"

"We're not completely sure, so we can't say. But you have to be very careful from now. You have to rest, as much as possible. You have to make sure to eat three meals a day and three snacks in between. It's very important for the babies that you eat enough. You also can't move too much. Try to stay seated or laying down, as much as possible. The pain you're feeling now will wear off in a few days, so until then you're on bed rest. If you really need to get out, that's okay. It's not dangerous for the babies if you don't stay in bed, it's just better for your recovery. We are going to have you stay here till tomorrow, though. Just to make sure everything is alright"

"Okay. Thank you" I smiled at her.

"You're welcome. Just press that button if you need anything" she said and left the room.

"Are you okay?" Dylan asked.

"I will be" I smiled at him.

"Can you believe you're having twins?" Tiff exclaimed, excitingly.

"I know. I'm excited"

"Well, we gotta go now. I'll pick up your girls from day care today, okay? They're sleeping over at ours. No arguments, you can't change my mind" she said.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"Anytime. I'll let everyone know, okay?"

"Just tell them I'm in the hospital. Don't tell them I'm having twins. I want it to be a surprise"

"Okay. Feel better! I love you" Tiff hugged me.

"I love you too" I hugged her back.

"We all love you" Dylan smiled, as he gave me a hug as well.
I kissed Shirley and Max on their foreheads and they left. They took Jack along with them and left me alone with Sean.
I know he's my husband, but this was really kinda awkward.

-----
Next update: Tuesday

Message me if you need someone to talk to.
Stay strong,
I love you!