RAHUL MAYANK - NO ONE KNOWS YOU BETTER THAN ME

Rahul was devastated as they lost the another match, and this one maybe just by a few centimeters only. They bowled pretty well, he batted amazingly, being at a point where everyone thought that they will win and there was no looking back but they still lost. 

He didnt even want to go to the post match presentation but he was the captain, he had to take the front foot and answer all the questions and come back, he had seen his seniors doing so even at the toughest moments and he learnt by looking at them that he needs to do it as well. 

Rahul was extremely silent through out the ride back to the hotel, the whole team bus was infact gloomy because of the back to back losses but Rahul was lost, Mayank saw this and went and sat next to him immediately. 

"Rahuliya." Mayank said and Rahul didnt respond. 

"Rah" Mayank tried again, this time poking him. 

"Moi" Mayank tried all the nick names he knew that were used on him.

"Rahul Broo." Mayank said. 

"Captain Rahul." Mayank made another failed attempt. 

"Skipper" Mayank tried again shaking Rahul this time. 

"Stop it Mayank." Rahul said angrily finally turning away from the window, towards Mayank. 

"Rahul, talk it out." Mayank calmly said, well someone had to be sane, thought Mayank. 

"What talk it out? YOu realize I have failed as a captain" Rahul said angrily. 

"Rahul, you havent, dont be too hard on yourself." Mayank said trying to placate him. 

"Can you just get lost for now and let me be alone." Rahul said angrily and a little too loudly that the whole team was looking at the two of them now. All of them knew how close Mayank and Rahul were, it was pretty obvious and their strong bond was seen on both on and off field.

"Rah -" Mayank tried one last time but Rahul burst out on him, "Dont annoy me Mayank, not like you know me that well and get lost." 

Mayank was done with Rahul now, Not like you know me too well? Seriously? Mayank thought. 

"I soo do not know you since we were kids." Mayank said and went to the back of the bus and sat there and the team was shocked at this fight between the best buds in the team. 

Mayank was very much hurt by Rahul's reaction, he knows that Rahul is someone who pretends to be all emotionless and all but he knows that Rahul has a humane side as well, Mayank knew that he was one of the only few people Rahul might have ever showed his emotions out to and Mayank always hated it when Rahul pretended to be unaffected in front of him because he knows exactly what brews in Rahul's mind. He didnt mind Rahul shouting at him, what he minded was that statement - Not like you know me well

"Let him suffer get lost he tells me and I dont know him well? Know one knows him like I do, keep brooding." Mayank murmured as he sat down in another corner of the bus.

As they reached the hotel Rahul and Mayank got out, without looking at each other and they went to take their kitbags while completely ignoring each other, Mayank found his but Rahul was still searching for his kitbag, Mayank saw it and then looked at Rahul struggling at the other end of kitbags. Mayank slightly pushed Rahul's kitbag towards where Rahul was searching and he went back to his room.

Rahul skipped dinner and stayed within the room still thinking about the loss. 

Mayank did get down for dinner but he didnt find Rahul anywhere down when he saw Nicholas passing through him, he called him and asked, "Nick, any idea where Rahul is?"