WE WILL DO IT NEXT YEAR

RCB lost the match, they fought till the very last over, but they lost the match. Virat was broken from within, he kept a brave face on when he went to give his interview and even in the dressing room in front of the youngsters because he knew that he had to handle all of them as well. 

After the whole presentation and team talk got over, Virat even met Abhishek and Priyam who wanted to meet him properly since the start. 

"It was a great game Vi." Manish said as he saw Priyam and Abhishek coming back. 

"You guys played better." Virat said casually and Manish felt bad for Virat, why does it always have to be SRH? Manish thought. 

"You guys were really close to winning Virat, you got us into great pressure, you know that." Manish said. 

"Yes Manish, its a game, sometimes we loose, sometimes we win, all the best for the next match." Virat said and Manish pulled him into a hug, he had known Virat since Under 19 days and he knew what this IPL meant to Virat especially after how strong they were going in the start. 

"See you in the BCCI bio bubble next." Manish said and Virat smiled and they bid each other bye after which he went to Anushka.

"Vi you guys did play well." Anushka said as soon as she saw Virat approaching her, she knew that he would be upset and hurt inside but he wont show it out.

"Ya maybe not enough though." Virat said. 

"Dont think like that Vi, I could see how you all gave your 100 percent in the second innings. you gave the team hope till the end." Anushka said. 

"Not in the first innings right? Leave it for now Nushkie, dont think too much about it, you will stress yourself out which is not good for you and the baby, come on." Virat said and Anushka knew that she cannot talk to Virat about it for now and she needs to let Virat be as he is for some time. 

"Virat dropped Anushka to the bus and made her comfortable and then ran back to the team room to get his kitbag and everything. 

"Sorry to all the fans, we missed out this year but a lot of positives that we have taken as well from this season and we hope to make it the next time, thank you to all the fans for all their support, we wouldnt have made it without them." ABD said looking towards the camera that was shooting a message from the players to the fans. 

"Why is he saying sorry? He was infact the one who gave his everything to this match, if he didnt take those catches and made those 50 runs we would have been thrashed out long before we would know." Virat mumbled to himself and AB saw Virat staring at him and he raised his eye brow to ask what happened but Virat ignored him and continued packing his kitbag so ABD went to him instead. 

"What happened biscotti? I know you are upset that we lost but its a game we did our best." ABD said.

"I know that biscuit." Virat said, closing the zip of his bag. 

"Then what happened?" ABD asked. 

"Why were you saying sorry? We lost because we couldnt put more runs on the board which was because I couldnt hold the first innings high and I got out early, you hit the knock that helped us reach that defendable target." Virat said.

"Dont take all the blame on you Biscotti, you kept boosting the bowlers all through out the second innings, you even kept the hopes and confidence in the bowlers and the youngsters alive till the end. After we give our best, but still loose then there is not much we can do about it.' ABD said.

"I know that but I didnt even bat properly,  if I stayed steady with the bat then the pressure wouldnt have been so high on the bowlers. We came so far in the tournament how could we loose? We were so well prepared, this happens all the time." Virat said and sat down and ABD sat next to him.