Chapter 16:

"... Anyways, how did they get stuck here?"
"Honestly, I don't even know how... What were they even trying to do in the first place?"

Jeno sighs as he looks towards the two young adults who are currently laughing together while being trapped inside that one very small cabinet at the palace. Jisung and Chenle never even thought that they would fit in there because Jisung is... very tall. Although the two of them couldn't really get out of the cabinet easily... They knew they had to call for help.

Thankfully, Beomgyu was with them while they got themselves stuck in the cabinet.

"Look, Jaemin. Are you going to help us get out of this cabinet or not?"
"How did you even get in there, Jisung?! This cabinet is way too small and cramped up! Goddamn it, there's no way that you didn't break a limb or so-"
"I didn't break anything! I swear! Although I can't feel my legs right now-"
"Damn it, Jisung."

Jaemin curses as he directly looks at Jeno, squinting at him with both bitterness and hopelessness in his eyes. Even if it was just a situation like this, Jaemin couldn't help but think about the possibilities if he chose to stay with Jeno instead. Jaemin sighs before he tells Jeno what to do.

"Anyways... Grab both of Jisung's shoulders while I grab Chenle's. I'm going to count to three then we're going to pull them up as hard as we can at the same time. Got it?"
"... Why do I get to carry, Jisung?-"
"Do I look like a knight to you? No. You're the knight here, Jeno."
"... Fine."

Jeno scoffs, faking his "anger" and "annoyance" towards Jaemin despite his urge to apologize to him. Obviously, both of them were so full of pride that even Chenle and Jisung could see the intensity of their pride against each other in their eyes.

"One... Two... THREE!"

Jaemin exclaims as the two of them started to pull Jisung and Chenle out of the cabinet. Luckily, the two of them got out of the cabinet without a bruise or any injury that might've endangered their physical wellness. Of course, Chenle and Jisung laughed at what they did once again, knowing that it was pretty funny and stupid.

Thankfully, Areum wasn't there or else Jisung will probably get scolded during the entire afternoon. However, who's worse than Areum? Haechan himself.

"Jisung, that was the most dangerous thing you've ever done to yourself."
"... I didn't get hurt though?-"
"Yes but you would've gotten yourself AND Chenle hurt at some point if we weren't there!"
"Well, what could've gone worse? It's just a funny thing, Jeno-"
"You really think that it wouldn't get worse than this, Jisung?"

~

"What?!"
"I know... He's clearly out of his mind-"
"Is he alright?! Was he hurt earlier?! Goddamn it-"
"He's doing fine, Haechan. He's literally a grown adult! He's not a baby like he was before-"
"I know that but he's our brother... That's why I'm worried!"
"Don't worry. Just give him a good classic scolding that you always give him and it'll most likely keep him from doing those types of things ever again-"
"Sure."

Jeno's a very nice man but... he can still be a bit of a prick.

~

"So you got yourself trapped in a cabinet with Chenle earlier, huh?"

Jisung hears Haechan's voice as he enters his bedroom, knowing that he's in trouble. He curses to himself with a whisper, causing Haechan to widen his eyes and raise an eyebrow at him. Jisung sits on his bed, looking down at the floor in embarrassment as Haechan clears his throat before beginning the "sermon".

"You sneaky young man, why in the world would you do that?"
"Well, I was spending some time with Chenle and the idea popped in my head!-"
"It was YOUR IDEA?!"
"... Yes but... actually, it was both made by Chenle and I-"
"It doesn't matter. You came up with that stupid idea! You probably thought of it with a curious mind and somehow forced Chenle into getting stuck in that damn cabinet!"
"..."
"... Wait, did you?"
"... Well-"
"Ugh, damn it."