8

"I was not sure whether you would be here,", Reyhan looked at Noor.

"I want to beat you this time. So, I couldn't take a chance." Noor giggled.

"How was summer vacation?", Reyhan asked.

Noor didn't reply to Reyhan's question.

"Chest number 7", a volunteer came in shouting.

"You are the last one. Right?"

"Yes, Noor. I saw that you got the second last number. So I switched the chest number with another person. He was so happy to get the initial numbers. But we are stuck here for the next three hours." Reyhan giggled.

Noor looked at him, puzzled. "You behave mischievously", complained Noor.

"Hahaha Hahaha...", Reyhan laughed loudly. Every other contestant turned towards them.

"Shut up." Noor slapped his hands.

After a few seconds, they looked at each other and giggled.

"Reyhan, may I tell you something?", Noor asked.

"Sure", Reyhan leaned forwards.

"You should not disclose to anyone," Noor added. Reyhan nodded in acceptance.

"Do you remember me shouting at you last time at the ashram?"

"Definitely."

"I was in a terrible state that day. I realised my mistake only later." Noor lost control of her emotions and tears fell down her face.

"Hey, don't cry. It is okay. I am fine." Reyhan told Noor.

"It's not just that. I recently lost someone so close". Noor found it extremely difficult to complete the statement. She continued after some time. "Fahad was my best cousin. My brother. My friend. I couldn't contain my pain. That's why I shouted at you. Sorry." Noor whimpered looking down.

Reyhan felt discomfort. "I am sorry I frightened you. I shouldn't have done that. I didn't know about all this."

"It's okay. You were just trying to be friendly. I understood." Noor replied.

"May I ask how did he die?", Reyhan enquired.

Noor suddenly wept abruptly.

"It's okay. Don't tell. I am sorry I asked about it." Reyhan added. "Hey, come on. Please don't cry."

"It was my first summer vacation without Fahad. It was the first time I had a sad summer. We used to have a lot of fun. Now that he is gone, I feel lonely. My vacation was a disaster. How I wished to be back at school!" Noor sighed.

After minutes of silence, Reyhan turned towards Noor.

"You know what, I have a vacancy for my best friend." Reyhan winked.

"Don't you dare." Noor smirked.