14

The election campaign kicked off on next Monday. All candidates visited every class to speak to students and ask for votes. The atmosphere was very jubilant as well as tense for the candidates.

Noor had found new energy to kick start her campaign. All her classmates relentlessly worked for her. In fact, they worked far better than Noor for the campaign.

Four days later, Noor opened her Facebook on her personal computer.

A message was already in her chatbox from Reyhan.

"Noor, never in my life before I met you, I thought I would have a friend like you. Our friendship happened organically. We connected through our thoughts and views and whatnot. But do you know what I like about you the best? You are damn confident. You are a badass good girl with a peak of confidence. You always know what you want. But never showed off it on anyone. You are an extraordinary mix of goodness, care, humility, and confidence. I don't want to see your confidence being questioned by yourself over a single failure. One failure can in no way define you, Noor. You are way more than that. So, tomorrow, get onto that stage as if you are there to conquer everyone, pour out your heart, bring out the best speech ever, and just steal everyone's hearts. All the best, Noor.

PS: School leader or not, you are my best friend."

Noor couldn't contain her happiness at seeing the message from Reyhan.

"Best friend? Hmmmmmmm.....", Noor replied.

Noor got onto the stage for her speech before the election. As usual, she was the best at speeches. Everyone went back to the classrooms and cast their votes on the white ballot paper. The counting started in the sports room. All candidates had assembled in the room. Everyone in the class waited for the announcement. After an hour, the headmistress switched on the speaker. She announced the four house captains first.

"The school leader for the academic year is Noor Ahamed".

The class burst into joy. The whole class ran to the sports room. Noor came out of the room. Her classmates cheered for her with all their strength. They carried Noor on their shoulders and went all the way into the school grounds. They all burst into jubilation over the success. As Noor had told, "It's their success more than mine".

It was 8 PM. Noor logged into Facebook. There were 3 messages from Reyhan. He wanted to know how the election went. Noor typed all her happiness into the chatbox.

The 8 PM became their official chat time. A half-hour of Facebook turned out to be the happiest time for Noor and Reyhan.