Chapter 2

**(Edited)**

Eliza's POV

I sit down next to Grant in the booth and feel his hand placed on my thigh. I don't think about it much until I look up and see it, a group of the football guys. The tabletop is see through and glass so they can see Grant and I think that's probably why he did it. I can't deny that I absolutely love the way it feels though.

His hands have always been my favorite thing ever, I just won't tell him that. I value us to much, I love us, we're always together and it's nice.

"Hi Eliza. You look hot tonight" I hear behind me as I look around and see Carson, I remember him having a crush on me. He asked me out and then left, I never heard from him again and he's on the football team so I don't get why. Every time I would see him he would watch me and then walk away but by the looks of his eyes I think he's encouraged, probably by liquor. We are in a sports bar at this point though so I'm not surprised.

"Hi Carson" I tell him while Grant tightens his grip on my leg through my black leggings. I grip his arm and stare at him as he rolls his eyes at Carson. He always does this, no matter who it is he always will mark me and I don't get why.

He's everything to me and he knows it, I just can't tell him how much I love him. He's leaving and I can't do that, he deserves his career way too much.

"You look fucking gorgeous, how about that date?" He slurs while sliding close to me. Grant's on the opposite side of the booth so he can't really do anything. Until I feel him remove his hand and stand directly in front of the table.

"I suggest you get the fuck away before I kill you, you will die if I see you looking at what's mine again" he says as I gasp. He doesn't need to be rude, he looks like a rude person but he's not. He never has said anything like this to anyone around me and he's never done this before.

"Grant!" I whisper and scold as he smiles down at me.

"I got it baby" he whispers back while winking before he steps forward. That instant Carson walks away faster than I saw him take a shot a second earlier. I watch in disbelief as he sprints out to the tables outside and goes to the few players on the football team.

"Grant! What the fuck?" I demand as I look at him and he sits back down.

"He won't be an issue anymore. I thought he wouldn't be after last time..." he scoffs out at the end of his rant. He grabs my hand in his and rubs our fingers tightly together before taking a sip of his beer.

We both have fake ID's and I know my mom and dad would kill me for it but I like Margaritas. I don't drink anything besides them and the first time I got drunk Grant laughed his ass off because it was all from Margaritas.

"Last time? And don't lie to me, you can't do it" I demand as I grab his left arm under my palm. He looks at his hands before he smiles at my grip and takes my hand in his again that way he has both of them.

"I knew he wanted to ask you out whenever I saw the way he was looking at you at one of the games. It pissed me the fuck off. I told him weeks ago that if he asked you out again I'd kill him. Princess, don't be mad" he smiles at the end as I roll my eyes. He always does that, he scares away every guy that ever wants anything to do with me. I never even had a first kiss because of him.

"Grant, I'm not your daughter. You don't have to protect me from boys. I have never even had a boyfriend because of you!" I tell him as he rolls his eyes back into his head.

"And you don't need one" he scoffs as our food comes and he prays before digging in.

"Why? Don't I deserve love?" I ask as I rest my head on his shoulder and eat one of his French fries.