Chapter 9

**(Edited)**

Eliza's POV

"I knew it Eliza, I never liked that little fuck!" my grandpa shouts as I roll my eyes, of course he does. I drove directly here after I saw it because I couldn't talk to anyone else besides my grandma, she just happened to leave the door to her and my grandpas bathroom open as I'm sitting on the sink and she's helping me clean the mascara and tear stains off of my face.

"Grand-" I go to say as my grandma cuts me off, "Shut up Tanner! She just wants to talk to me!" she demands while flicking him a bird and motioning for him to leave me alone.

"Honey I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that. I knew it wouldn't last though, he doesn't treat you the way you deserve. I know it hurts right now but I promise it'll get better, he wasn't meant be" she whispers while wetting a rag and leaning up cleaning my face. I let her wipe my eyes as I huff.

"I just don't get it, I mean, we didn't have sex and you know that. Do you think that's why?" I ask as she looks at me sadly.

"I want to say no but I think that might be why, I'm proud of you for not doing that with him" she tells me as I nod.

"I don't feel that way" I add as she grabs my face in her hands and then my grandpa shows back up at the door.

"Eliza, having sex would not have made him stay. Take it from me, I fucked everything with a hole before meeting your grandmother. Sex only means a lot to you when you love that person with everything in you sweetheart." he says as grandma nods and rubs my leg under her hand.

"Take it from us honey, we've been married since we were about 21, and now were kicking close to over forty years together" she says as I nod.

"I want that though, I want to marry the love of my life like you both did!" I rasp out as she smiles and kisses the side of my head as my grandpa smiles. He's old as shit now but he still loves my grandma with his whole heart and I want that.

"You know..." he says as I roll my eyes, "Don't start again" I tell him as he smiles. I know he's going to say Grant, he always says he wants me to marry Grant one day.

"I'm not getting any younger and I know my time is coming! I want you to marry that boy before I die" he says as I roll my eyes.

"Tanner don't talk like that, you aren't going to die!" she yells as I see tears form in her eyes. She hates talking about death, especially since they have watched a few of his old teammates die.

"Speaking of, I teach his daughter" I scoff as he smiles.

"What?" he asks as I nod.

"I teach his daughter, I saw her and knew he was her dad. He just happened to show up to pick her up too" I tell him as more tears form in my eyes.

"He plays for me now" he says as my mouth drops.

"WHAT?!" I ask as he nods.

"I got him traded back after his contract ended, you should say 'thank you grandpa tan tan, you brought back the love of my life' and all that shit" he says as Ellie picks up the rag and throws it at him.

"Why would you do that? You would mess up the team" I ask as he smiles.

"Nah, he's a really good tight end and mine just happened to retire. I needed a new one, I had two extra left tackles that needed to see their families in different states so it worked out. I saw him today when I found out he has a daughter" he says as I nod.

"Yeah, I was shocked to say the least" I tell him as he nods.

"Honey, we just need to get your mind off of it. Would you like some brownies, or cookies? I made some of your favorite cookie bars last night and I almost brought them to you but they are still fresh!" she says as I smile.