Chapter 8

**(Edited)**

Eliza's POV

I just stare in front of me looking at him as I hold Lacey in my arms. I can't talk, he looks the exact same just about three times bigger and full of more muscle. His arms are still covered in tattoos, his face is still handsome as hell, and he's still as hot as I remember. He doesn't say anything as we just stare.

I remember everything while looking at him, it's like no matter what I still want to run into his arms and kiss his soft lips but I can't do that. I love Brandon, Grant's just here to pick up Lacey. His daughter, he has a daughter which means he moved on just like I did.

"Grant" I whisper as I look at him and feel Lacey's hands running through my hair.

"No, silly goose that's daddy!" she giggles as I break away from looking at him and smile at her.

"Of course he is! Well, have a good rest of the afternoon sweetpea, and I'll see you tomorrow. Remember to read your sheet with him and finish coloring okay?" I tell her as I sit her down on her own two feet. I push and adjust her dress down and smile at her.

"Eliza" he says in front of me as I continue looking at Lacey. I can't talk to him or I know I'll be in tears.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" I tell her while smiling as she hugs my neck.

"Bye, Ms. Andrews! Wear your pink dress and I wear mine!" she says as I smile and nod. She shocks the shit out of me when she kisses my cheek and runs over to Grant.

"Have a great afternoon" I tell him ignoring the way he's looking at me as I walk over to my desk without saying anything. I know I have tears in my eyes from seeing him, I knew I would if I ever did see him again. The feelings never went away I just hid them, until now.

"Eliza" he says again as I walk over and grab my purse. I take out my keys and phone as I lean over and lock my desk.

"Have a great afternoon" I tell him again as I wipe the tear that had fallen from my eyes. I knew I would be a mess. I should have known that little girl was his, she looks just like him and I knew she was his daughter.

"No, we aren't leaving until you talk to me" he says behind me as I feel him come closer to my desk and Lacey holds his hand. I don't look up as I shift through the papers and start organizing the coloring sheets.

"Do you know daddy?" the sweetest little voice says as I look down at her.

"He and I used to be friends but we aren't anymore" I tell her as she breaks out in a smile. She giggles as she grabs my hand in her other one.

"But you're my friend!!!" she says back as I nod and smile while slipping my hand from hers.

"Of course I am! I have to get goin-" and he cuts me off, "No, you will talk to me" he demands as I meet his eyes and see his looking just as glossy as mine. Lacey looks confused as she taps his leg and he looks down at her.

"Why did you run away?" he asks as I watch him lift Lacey onto his shoulder as she rests in the crook of his neck. I never thought I'd see him like this, a dad. I'm not shocked, I'm sure he found a great woman considering Lacey is amazing but, she told me she doesn't have a mom, I'm not sure how to feel right now.

"You're a dad" I whisper back as he smiles and nods to Lacey. He looks down at her as she looks like she's fast asleep on his huge shoulder.

"I'm a dad" he says back while rubbing along her back under her pink dress. I nod as I smile and look at her as she kisses his cheek and holds his neck with both her small hands.