4

My eyes blink open. It's still dark out and I check my phone. It's three-thirty. I look around the room and then a sharp pain hits my stomach.

"Ah!"

I double-over in bed and my mouth hangs open, trying to cough but not actually coughing. What's happening? I start to unbutton my gown, realize that it'll take too long with my fingers trembling, and decide to pull it up first. The white stretchy cast around my stomach was stained red, and becoming an even deeper shade. Blood pools beneath the gauze. My hands begin to unwrap the gauze, and more pain stabs my stomach. When a large pile of bloodied cast sits tangled on the mattress, more blood pours down my legs. I open my mouth to yell, cough, scream, whine, something! But nothing comes out. The gash must have opened while I walked to the bathroom last night. I roll over, clutching my upper chest. The pain paralyzes me, but I have to grab my phone.

I have to call for help.

I have to do something.

Something.

I fall out of bed before I grab my phone.

Blood drips onto the ground around me.

I can't reach my phone.

I can't uncurl.

I can't stand.

I can't move.

I can't even cry out.

I can't do anything.

Tears just flow down my cheeks, mixing in with my blood.

I silently scream. Silently asking for help. Silently begging for help.

Nothing and everything runs through my mind as I lay in a pool of my blood.

Moments of Iwaizumi and me.

Moments of volleyball.

Moments of my mom and sister and nephew.

Moments of school.

Somehow moments of Kageyama.

And then a moment of Iwaizumi crashing into this very hospital room and turning on the lights. He sees something and slides down on the ground, pulling me into his lap.

A moment where he screams and cries for help. Something I couldn't to.

A moment where he moans and sobs into my neck. Blood covering his hands as he wiped my hair away from my face. Blood covering his shoes and my feet. Blood. Blood. Blood everywhere.

My stomach is numb, too much blood gone. Which means no more pain.

A moment where a nurse comes rushing in, sees something, and screeches for someone else.

Too loud.

Too loud.

Too loud!

I reach to cover my ears, but more pain comes. I cringe and curl up tighter. Iwaizumi covers my ears and cries more.

Doctors and nurses are rushing in with a stretcher and other things I can't see. I can't tell if this is real or if this is just another moment running through my head.

I get pulled away from Iwaizumi and onto a cot. Iwa-chan is sitting in the puddle of redness crying like a baby. Hah, funny isn't it? Usually Iwa-chan's the one telling me to stop crying.

I reach out, trying to grab his hand, but I'm already getting rushed off. I reach farther, almost falling off the cot. I still can't find his hand!

Iwa-chan! Don't leave me! Where are you going! Where am I going?

I sob out words I can't even understand. He gets up, slipping on the wet floor, running to me, but doctors and nurses keep him back. As hard as he pushes, he can't get through, and he ends up sobbing in someone's shoulder.

"Oikawa!"