Chapter 27

(Y/n) p.o.v

It was a fine beautiful morning. I was with Eliza having tea at her place since she insisted. I saw Elias running and Eliza noticed it. We stand up and went to him. "Mother, Eliza...you have to come with me, it's urgent." I knew his face when it's serious. "What happened, tell me," I stated and need to know what's going on. "Mother I will tell you on the way, please." I nodded. This day was good and wasn't expecting to lose something important in the family.

Earlier... 

Benjamin p.o.v

It's was almost dawn and Philip would leave. I woke up early to not wake up my wife. I changed and left without a note. I went to Anne's and Philip's house. When I got there, I knocked on the door twice. "Father, come in." I nodded and I entered and Anne closed the door. "Where's Philip?" I asked and she looked down. "Anne?" She looked at me and started to cry. "He left and went to the river across New Jersey." I knew what it meant. "I have to leave and find him, stay here and don't move." I knew how my own daughter is. In the end, she goes which I told her not to. "Please, Father. I want to see if he's fine or not." I shook my head. "No. I don't want you to get hurt." She gave up and nodded. I let but little did I know, she still went there.

When I arrived there, they already been handed their pistol and started to count. I started to run to stop preventing this. I saw someone with a pistol but, not aiming at Philip, at Eacker. Before I could do anything, I saw Anne going in the direction where the person is planning to shot at Eacker. "Anne, don't," I yelled across from her and I heard two shots. I got frozen ran to Anne. "Anne, don't worry, we're going to the doctor." She nodded. I carried her and the doctor of Philip helped me.

Now...

I  was with Anne's side and with Philip. "...father..." I turned around and went to Anne. "Anne... how are you?" She looked at me and smiled. "I'm good. How's Philip?" I looked at Philip and hoping wakes up soon. "He's good, for now." I started to crying. "please father, you cry I'll cry." I nodded and saw Alexander entered and went to Philip. I let him talk with him. "Father, can I ask a question?" I looked at her and nodded. "What if I don't make it?" I felt my heart dropped. "Don't say it. Your mother can't have another heartbreak-" "If I do, please father. Give my inheritance grandfather gave me to Elias." "Don't worried, just save your strength and stay alive." She nodded and notice she's starting to be fatigued. I saw (y/n) enter and looked at me. "Anne, no. Is she breathing? Is she going to survive this?" She looked at Philip and Alexander. He knows she could be asking how did this happen. "Alexander, did you know?" Eliza said trying to hold back her tears. "Mother...Father... I'm so sorry." Anne said crying. "Don't be Anne. Please, survive for me and your brothers." (Y/n) said reassuringly to her. Anne smiled and continue, "Father, when you see Elijah, tell him I forgive him." I was confused about what she's referring to. "Philip, thank you for being by my side, even if was a short amount of time." Philip smiled and started to cry. "Mother, sorry if you didn't get to be a grandmother with the baby inside of me." "No Anne. Please don't do this." I hold her hand tightly and not wanting to cry. "Thank you for everything. I love you..." She closed her eyes and we didn't felt a pulse. "NO!" (Y/n) wailed and I hold her tightly and I cried with her, within that moment, Philip dies. 

When we got home, Elias was there but, noticed that Elijah wasn't there. "Elias, where's your brother?" He looked confused. "I thought he was with you." I shook my head and head out quickly and ran. Right now, I'm in no mood to ask what happened.

Elijah p.o.v

I was supposed to shoot at Eacker, not my sister. I ran since I don't want father to know it was me that killed my sister. I saw Elias, I tried to run away but, I couldn't. "Elijah, I know what you did." I turned to him. "Are you going to tell mother and father?" I asked him and didn't have a response. "You don't have to hide Elijah," Elias told me but, I know deep down I can't be forgiven by my sister. "I have to, father and mother will be disappointed in me." I know Elias tries to comfort me but, it doesn't work. "Anne forgave you before she died." I looked at him and I knew he was telling the truth, but there will be consequences if I don't. "Elias, give this letter to our mother and father, please." I handed him the letter and nodded. "I will brother." I nodded. I turned around hoping he left. I grab the pistol and shot my forehead. Before it was blackness, my younger brother was terrified and crying. "I'm sorry, Elias..." I fell into darkness.

Elias p.o.v

I was about to leave but wanted to say something one last time. When I turned around I saw Elijah has his pistol, I was about to yell at him but, he shot himself. I felt tears coming out of my eyes. I started crying loudly and went to Elijah. "I'm sorry, Elias..." I shake my head and he dies in my arms and cried since I lost my only brother and my best friend, my dear sister, Anne. I carried his body and started to dig him since brother doesn't want mother and father to cry more tears. After I finished, I went to talk for a walk and started to talk to myself. I was starting to see my sister the places she loves to visit. I was remembering how our childhood was of the three of us together. I went to my pocket and saw the ring Anne used to wear a lot. I smiled and went home. When I got home, I heard a piano playing and saw Anne. "Anne..." I went up to the piano and was about to touch her shoulder until it disappeared. I shake my head and went upstairs and locked myself. I started to cry and looked at the last letter Anne send to me and the letters of Elijah. I looked outside the window and hope I could keep my father's legacy on since Anne was about to create her own legacy of women's rights. I will fight for it, for my sister.