(Ruri x Obelisk Force! Reader) Sleight Of Hand

You watched helplessly as tears streamed down your girlfriend's face. She wiped vigorously at her cheeks, trying to dry them, but the waterworks kept coming.

"I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry, Ruri..." you whispered. You almost wished you had your cloak back, to cover up the Duel Academy uniform you were once so proud of.

"How could you do this to me? I thought you loved me..." Ruri sobbed, sniffling as she buried her face in her hands. Her pale yellow dress was torn up, dirtied from the struggle she had put up against you.

It hurt to remember it. Ruri and you had been on your anniversary date. She had noticed your fidgetiness, but hadn't questioned you. The real reason was, you had been given direct orders from the Professor to finally take Ruri back to the Fusion Dimension. He had insisted it was her home, where she belonged—but your heart broke to see Ruri so upset.

"I do love you—" you insisted, but Ruri cut you off.

"You don't love me! It's been a year since we've been together, and you decide to finally show your true colors?! You're one of them! Fusion scum!" Ruri snapped, and you were thoroughly surprised. Ruri wasn't one to use foul language. She was definitely upset, though who wouldn't be?

"I'm sorry..."

"Stop that!" Ruri shouted. "Don't apologize, and don't try to say you love me! Because you don't! Where did the (Y/N) that I love go? She's gone, in a sleight of hand..."

"I did what I must, Ruri. I trust the Professor." you told her firmly, repeating the words of the so many that had to betray everything they knew to carry out Project Arc-V.

"And you don't trust me?" Ruri looked up from her hands. Your breath caught in your throat, the way it always did. She was so beautiful, her bright, water, lucid pink eyes. Beautiful enough to make you rethink what you had been told several times. Was she right?

No, you shook your head lightly, almost refusing to listen to yourself, or her. You were loyal to the Professor. And you weren't going to bend your loyalty for some girl.

"Of course I trust you, Ruri. Perhaps you shouldn't have trusted me." you smiled at her dazzlingly. This was the same smile that had lured her into your trap.

You leaned forward, catching her lips on yours, tongue brushing over her lip gently. She pushed you away with all of her strength. You moved away from her, a smirk dancing on your lips as you moved to the cell door, closing it behind yourself to keep her locked in the tower.

You had a grin of victory for the rest of the day, but no one saw the tears that slipped from your eyes for betraying the one you love the most.