Chapter 9

Alexis POV

The rest of the day was good I guess, I mean school is school. I have to say though... even though I was kind of rude to Bryan, I'm glad that he came to help me clean up. It showed that he cares about me.

"Alexis is that you?"

"Ya mom its me. Who else would it be?" I said sarcastically.

"What's with the attitude?" she asked.

"Nothing, nevermind." I said and with that, once again I retreated to my room.

My room is the one place I can be alone and think without anyone judging me. I wish my mom and I had a better relationship but one thing completely destroyed it and because of her I will forever think it was my fault.

"Why do you always assume things? You don't even have any evidence." Obviously my dad is home becasue whenever he is home there is constant arguing. At school I put on this mask and no one knows my real life, whats happened in my past, or even what is going on right now. I don't know if I'll ever open up to anyone.

*******The Next Day*******

They decided to have relay sprint practice this morning because we didn't have enough time during the class period yesterday to practice.

"Go!" my coach yells.

I look behind me watching as my teammate starts sprinting towards me. I wait for the perfect time to take off and when I do, I stick my hand out behind me grasping the metal baton into my hand.

"Perfect! Do that at the track meet and you just might get a 1st place ribbon" my coach praised us. I turn my head slightly to the right and just in time looked to see Bryan taking off. When he reached his hand back to grab the baton from his teammate, the baton was fumbled and dropped to the ground,

"Cm'on boys. How hard is it to do a simple handoff? The girls got it. How about they show you how its done." the guys coach decided.

"Alexis and Elizabeth, why don't you show Bryan and Leam how to do a handoff."

"Fine with me" I smirked.

I'm suprised I'm not a nervous wreck considering Bryan is about to watch me do a handoff and I could mess up just as easily as I could do it perfectly. I guess since running is something I'm passionate about, my worries go away.

Once again that cool metal slips into my hand without hesitancy making the handoff flawless.

"Well done ladies! Boys we will practice later on today. You should be ashamed that the girls just showed you up." the coach shook his head dissaprovingly while walking away.

"Hey Alexis wait up"

I slowed my speed so whoever called me could catch up, turns out it was Bryan.

"Hey what's up?"

"Nice job on that handoff! You make it look so easy." he told me

"Thanks and it really is easy when you get the hang of it."

"I'm not really experienced with handoffs. Maybe you could help me? After school?" he asked hopefulness filling his eyes.

How could I say no? I'll just have to deal with my mom when I get home.

"Sure!"

"Thank you so much Alexis I'll owe you."

"No problem at all" I smiled.

We parted as we walked into our seperate locker rooms. I blew out a deep breath I didn't even realize I was holding. I have a feeling Bryan and I will be friends for a long time.