I Know I'm Not The Only One )) Malum

You and me, we made a vow

Michael looked down at the small watch that he had found in his husband's brief case. The watch looked unfamiliar as he inspected the details of it. He knew it couldn't possibly be his and it wasn't Calum's because he has been wearing the same one Michael had bought him for Christmas when they first became boyfriends. As Michael looked hard at the watch he couldn't help but look at the beautiful diamond ring which hugged his small finger. This one had all silver links in contrast to his which had gold ones and the links in the one he held were slightly smaller than the one Calum wore. Michael put it aside and decided that he would wait until Calum got home from work to ask him about it.

For better or for worse

Michael perked up in his recliner once he heard the slam of a car door. He got up and rushed to the door like everyday. The door opened and Calum stepped in and smiled, giving Michael a kiss on the lips and then placing his coat on the rack which was holding many other coats as well.

"Hey baby." Calum said as he pulled Michael into him by his waist.

Michael shivered as he felt Calum's lips place a soft kiss in the crease of his neck.

"Hi. How was work?"Michael's soft voice whispered.

Calum suddenly pulled away from Michael before muttering a 'fine.' This did concern Michael but he decided to ask about the watch first.

"Um, Calum can I ask you something?"

Calum cleared his throat and ran his hand through his dark hair,"Sure."

"I was looking for my bracelet that you got me. You know the one you were supposed to take to the shop to get it fixed?"

"Yes I recall it."

"Well when I looked in your brief case I saw this."

Michael pulled the watch from his pocket and dangled it in the air for Calum to see. Calum furrowed his eyebrows and took the watch from Michael before inspecting it.

"Oh yes this is something that Ashton let me borrow. We were at work and I forgot my watch at home. So Ashton, a buddy from work allowed me to use it for the day and I guess I just forgot to give it back."Calum explained.

And in that moment, Michael knew. But the awful thing is, he pretended he didn't know. He didn't want their marriage to end.

I can't believe you let me down

Michael smiled the biggest, darkest smile he could as he waved an watched Calum drive away. As soon as Calum was out of his sight he quickly turned and slammed the door behind him causing an echo over the entire large house. Michael felt his eyes sting with tears as he slid down the door.

His head fell to his hands as he cried and cried, his diamond ring hurt against the soft skin of his forehead. He cried as the past few months repeated over and over in his head.

First it was the fact that Calum began to get home later than usual.
Then it became so often that he came home late that Michael got used to it. He could tell something was wrong but he loved Calum so much that he trusted him.
Then one day Calum came home without the tie that Michael had helped him tie earlier that morning around his neck and Michael's trust began to fade, but his love for his husband stayed the same.
Then Calum came home with his lips an odd shade of red and his usual cologne was replaced with the sour smell of sex.
Michael was done. He decided to confront his love about the past few months. The argument was short and sweet, Michael asked Calum and Calum denied with a quick and simple excuse.
Then the same thing happened with the watch. Michael didn't believe him, but he did love him.