Chapter One-Arrival

Written In Jackie's Point Of View

Although I regret saying this, I have messed up when it comes to timeline-hopping. Numerous times, believe it or not. And this time, this time, started out as normal as my other mistakes...and went downhill from there. Well, it started out going downhill, then uphill later on. But's let's just begin this trainwreck of a story.

I was intending to appear in top hat's timeline. "Top hat" being one Professor Layton, whom I had met not too long ago. He's a good guy, I guess. Sadly, however, I didn't end up in top hat's timeline, but instead, a completely different one.

I like to say I can recognize voices well. And when I appeared in this different timeline, I recognized none of the voices I heard. None. They were all various accents, that I could tell. But at the time, I didn't know any of the people behind the voices.

Deciding to go look, I got myself out of where I was--a building of some sort--before nearly getting shot at. No joke. Letting out an annoyed growl, I attempted to bring my bat--a short, blue, wooden thing I'd been using since the session--but was stopped by something hitting against the back of my head. I was out like a light.

I awoke sometime later, to someone hitting me again. Then I realized I was currently tied to a chair, hands behind my back. I let my gaze go upwards and saw someone standing in front of me. His expression seemed annoyed, even moreso than the expression I assumed I was making.

There were a few moments of silence, before my supposed captor spoke: "Just who do you think you are?" I recognized it as definitely one of the voices from earlier; I also noted he had a heavy French accent.

"I don't understand the question," I murmured, rolling my eyes. "but I assure you I didn't mean to arrive here. It was a...a honest mistake."

Another voice filled the room--this one sounded younger. Couldn't tell you, at the time, where the accent was from. I heard the sound of a bat hitting someone's hand--I was used to hearing it, as I'd done it numerous times myself. They must've been the person who hit me. "How are we supposed to believe you?"

I shrugged. "I don't like lies. I've heard enough of them in my lifetime." Waiting for a reply, I started fiddling with the ropes. They seemed to be tied rather tightly, which was annoying.

"That's not enough to get us to believe you." The French one said, seeming more unamused now. He started wringing his hands, causing slightly obnoxious noises. Stupid gloves.

"That's all I got." I replied simply, giving an amused chuckle.

"Well then...What is your name?" Finally. I was expecting that question.

"My name is Jackie. Seer of Time." I gave an amused head nod, and a "hmmph!" noise. I guess I started to come off as a little arrogant at this point, but did I care? Nope.

The one with the indescribable accent spoke next. "Look, I've heard some weeeird titles. But what the--"

I cut him off mid-sentence. "A Seer of Time is someone who gives knowledge of the timelines to their teammates, can manipulate the time streams so they go on the correct course, and can move about the timelines."

There was silence, before I heard both of them say some variation of "Okay then." There were footsteps, the sound of a closing door, and then more silence.

I guessed at the time that they didn't understand, and that they were tired of me. I wasn't too far off, as I learned later, but that's a story for another time.

End Of Chapter One