Chapter Three-Musing And Singing

It must've been going on twenty minutes and nobody else was coming in. It was annoying, to say the least. Either they grew bored of me, or stopped understanding what I was going on about.

I hadn't made much progress in untying myself, either. Barely farther than when the German dude came in. Letting out a loud huff, I let my hands go slack. No sense in doing something that'll never work.

Glancing about my surroundings, I saw a small camera placed in one of the corners of the room. Blinking, I stared at it. Oh, how I wished my hands weren't tied, so I could see who it was watching me. Letting out a loud huff, I spoke loudly. "You cowards...hiding behind the camera, watching me silently."

I thought that would draw them out. I let a few minutes pass and nobody else came down. Great, I thought, that's not working. I was pretty much out of ideas, at least at the time.

The silence was killing me, though. Sure, I liked being alone, but not complete silence. I really didn't need the company, I just needed the noise. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

Glancing to the floor, I thought of anything else to say. Nothing came to mind, sadly. I huffed again, fiddling with my feet. I noticed one of my flats was partially untied near the top--as my shoes are ballet flats--and I wished again I wasn't tied to this chair. That, and the fact my arms were hurting from being in this position for as long as I have. I also noticed a rip in my dress, which I frowned at. I've had to fix this thing enough times.

Glancing back at the camera, I spoke again. "Why are you people keeping me here? I'm not a valuable asset or anything..." Again, I waited for a few minutes. Again, no-one came down, or if there was an announcement system, they weren't using it.

Giving up of talking to people who I had no idea of knowing if they were there, I started humming. Specifically, the beginning of the song Dance With the Devil. I really liked--and still like--that song, okay?

Grinning lightly, I started actually singing it. I'd listened to the song enough, so I knew the lyrics pretty well. "Here I stand, broken and left for dead..."

I finished the song relatively quickly, and was still grinning at that point. I had been looking at the door the whole time, by once I was done singing, I looked back at the camera. Giving a mock bow with my head, my grin twisted into a smirk.

It was then when I noticed the door open, and the light footsteps of another newcomer. Really? How many people do they have here? I thought, raising a brow questioningly. "Are you just going to ask me stupid questions, or point out something I already know?" I muttered under my breath.

There was no answer. The person just leaned up against the wall, and was lazily watching me.

Great, this'll be fun. First the skeptics, then the weirdo obsessed with my eyes, and now mr-silent-treatment.

But let's just say that this is when it started going downhill.

End of Chapter Three