Chapter Seven-Red Doors and Yelling

I guess I must've been asleep for longer than I thought, as when I open my eyes, it looks to be darker. I frown, and slowly get up. Floor's still cold. "Hello?" I call out, but get no answer. I'm really surprised that nobody decided to move me or anything. Shrugging to myself, I kick off the floor again, and start floating. Heading in the opposite direction of the door, I stretch my arms out lightly. I glance up at a nearby clock, and am slightly dumbfounded. It's about one in the morning and I think it was eleven or so when I sat down.

Letting out a less-than-amused noise, I find myself at the end of the hallway. Blinking, as I honestly don't remember going this far. I decide to take the turn at this end, as it leads to what I can only assume are the bedrooms of the nine here. Wouldn't hurt to brush over the doors, maybe find stuff within the jumbled mess that are the timelines that might be of interest. Nodding to myself, I head in that direction.

This is when I notice all the doors are a dark shade of red, the only spot that's not is a small, interchangable-looking golden nameplate. Noting this to myself, I brush my hand across the first door. Doesn't seem to be anything of interest in this one's timelines, and I honestly could care less about names at this point. I do note, however, that from out here, it smells like fire. Y'know, like smoke and stuff. Weird. I think, before moving on. Similar circumstances for every single door. Either my brain is still too tired to point out things, or the timelines are so goddang jumbled that I can't see a thing.

Wait. Somebody's room is empty. Their door is shut tight, yes, but with the other doors, I could at least see them inside the room with their timelines. Not this one.

I frown again and turn around. "Well, that's just great." I grumble, and start back down the way I came. Might as well find who's still up at one. I really only care because I literally have nothing else to do at this point.

That's when I hear...um...yelling? I can't tell you the language it's in, though. Furrowing my brows together, I start heading the direction of the sounds. I'm surprised nobody's gotten woken up from that, holy crap. Well, it depends on how long, perhaps, whoever's yelling has just randomly started yelling in the middle of the night. I don't really care that much, though.

I find myself in front of a set of double-doors. Must be this place's med-room or something. I guess I'm too used to the House, because that's what we called it. I stay right in front of the doors, letting myself land slowly. I'm not sure if just...walking in is in my best interests. I can't even tell what this person's yelling, so for I know, it might end badly on my part. Or it might not.

Finally, I open the door a crack. Oh, okay, it's the weirdo German dude. The one obsessed with my eyes. Wonderful. I find myself thinking "wonderful" sarcastically quite a bit lately. I don't know why though. Although, with my limited field of vision, I can't tell what he's yelling at, or about. Rolling my eyes, I open the door a little bit more.

I think he's yelling at something on his desk? I can't tell, to be honest. I don't want to, y'know, give away that I'm here, so I quickly shut the door again. I'll have to ask him tomorrow-well, okay, later.

My main priority at the moment is finding a place to stay--probably not sleep--until everybody else is up. I think there's a couch in that main room, and as far I know, nobody's there. Sounds like my best choice at the moment. I'm sure I'll probably be gone from here within the next few days, anyway, so it's not like I need a full room or anything.

I turn around, and start to head down in the direction of the room. And again, I really wish I had my flats back. It's cold here...Ugh. Either I need my flats back, or need to wear the tights again. I glance at the clock again, and note that it's about one-twenty. Holding my arms behind my back, I watch the walls as I float down the hallway, humming again. I like to hum, okay? This time, the song is Into the Woods. It always makes me think of fantasy movies and stuff.

Finally getting to the main room, my assumptions are proven correct, as in the far corner, there's a couch. Looks pretty beat-up, but not like I care. I've slept in worse places--like the middle of the woods. Long story, which I don't feel like telling right now. Maybe later.

I flop onto the couch, letting out a soft huff as I hit it. I don't think I'll be getting back to sleep, but this is more comfortable than the floor I was sleeping on. And, at least I'm not sleeping in a sitting position.

Well, now that I think about it, maybe I could sleep. I pull my hood down, to cover my eyes, and close them slowly. Yeah, I think I can go back to sleep now. Which is surprising, even for myself. Normally, if I wake up and am awake for awhile, I can't get back to sleep. Ah well. And once again, I let myself doze off.

End of Chapter Seven