08: A Scheme

Silence was in between, they walked until the moving tall grasses were finally at reach

Silence was in between, they walked until the moving tall grasses were finally at reach. Celestial was speechless, it feels so new. She's with a human, someone who's exactly like her. And for her whole damn life, she never had any chance to talk to someone like her in the Abyss so she doesn't know what do humans like to talk, especially this Eufrata citizen. Of course, she is human and she must know but it doesn't work that way for her either. All her life, no one approached her for a chat, not even Almira and Gustavo. Well, she had a little chat with the Archduke, but he was just like the wind who faded with a single blow and their talk was never enough.

Her heart was beating so loud and fast. She's ashamed and scared, baka naman naririnig na ni Damien ang tibok ng kaniyang puso dahil sa lakas ng pagkalabog nito? And why is she even acting like a stupid little girl who doesn't know how to socialize? Damien isn't even bothered, she should calm down as well. She did look stupid earlier, she doesn't want to look like a full idiot now.

Cutting the awkwardness and deep silence between them, Damien initiated the talk; “So, are you really a goddess or what?”

He noticed how she flinched to his question. He furrowed, bakit ba ganito na lamang ang reaksyon ng babae sa tuwing nababanggit niya ang salitang dyosa o goddess? He's sure he just said it out of nowhere earlier, and also because she looks like a little divine goddess or what. He have no idea behind her reaction, it is as if something very deep is behind.

She looked at him, and he almost froze staring at the uneven orbs glowing in her eyes. It's his first time, meeting a girl or someone with eyes like hers. It's really rare, like he did not even thought of meeting a person who's eye colors are different. Glowing beryl and golden orbs shimmering and blessed by the firmament's light. He's astonished, there is more about this girl. Sorry to her, he hopes he's doing something good at the moment.

Celestial sigh making Damien stare in total awe, “Normal lang akong mamamayan.”

Damien looked away. He never thought someone out there, especially in the Abyss have this kind of aura. Innocent, but dangerous. Ang buong akala niya'y ang Prinsesa lang ng Eufrata ang hahangaan niya, hindi niya pa nga lubusang hinahangaan ang supladang iyon. Ngunit kahit na, ang Prinsesa lang ang kaisa-isang naging depinisyon niya ng natural na kagandahan.

But staring at this girl right now, he's sure this girl is more than a beauty. She's freaking gorgeous in her innocence and that's killing him, he's guilty. He shrugged his thoughts, not a chance to let the girl go.

Damien raised his eyebrow, “I see, you look really familiar. But I am sure I haven’t seen you yet, but really, you look familiar to me.” He says reminiscing the Princess of Eufrata.

Bakit ba naman ang Prinsesa pa ang naiisip niya ngayon? Malamang marahil ay magkahawig sila kaya pakiramdam niya'y pamilyar sa kaniya ang batang babae.

“What’s your name?” Celestial asked him. Though she already know his name, she have seen it weaved on his collar, she still want to come it from his very mouth. And she don't want to end the conversation, awkwardness will kill her.