Chapter 3

“Um… I’m sorry” came a voice from the person casting the shadow.

“Sorry? But… Why are you sorry?” I asked very confused

“Well… I…I didn’t mean to interrupt you, or anything”.

I looked up and what I saw was very interesting. I saw a tall guy, maybe 6 foot, with an amazing 6-pack, a perfect tan, sparkling green eyes, and black hair that reached his eyebrows and curled ever so slightly at the end.  My heart started to pound as I looked in to those piercing eyes. I quickly looked down and then back to the setting sun.

“It’s amazing, isn’t it?” said the stranger. I smiled and nodded thing about how cliché, this stunning boy sounded.

“It is, but unfortunately it also means I have to go.” I said, truly sad. My favorite time of the day meant that I would have to go home now and face the consequences of what I did today. I started to stand when I saw a hand in front of me offering me help.  I smiled and didn’t hesitate to grab it. He pulled me up and then blushed slightly when he realized I was really close to him. I took a step back. I held my hand out.

“Hi, my name is Jude.”

“Hello Jude. I’m J.C.” he said with a breath taking smile, as he grabbed my hand and shook it. I was starting to walk away when he grabbed my arm and sent tingles up my spine, as he spun me around. 

“Wait. Do you think maybe I can see you sometime?”  he asked looking down at his feet in the sand. He looked so sweet and adorable I couldn’t refuse.

“Sure. Do you have a cell?” I asked not wanting to make plans for I would probably be grounded for a very long time. He pulled it out and handed it to me. I typed in my number and saved it. I handed it back. Our fingers accidently touching, sending shivers down my spine again. Before he could say anything or even react in the slightest I took off.

I reached the cabin way too soon. I didn’t want to face reality but I knew it was time. So I did the only thing I could do. I took a deep breath and started my walk to the cabin.