Chapter 6

$J.C$

When I reach the door, I walk up the stairs and into the bathroom. I haven’t been able to get Jude off my mind. I keep thinking about those shining blue eyes, and the way it seemed like the world stopped. I knew what I was doing. I have been here before, I can’t allow this girl to get to me. I know what happened last time. I remember my first love.

She was everything to me. She had short blonde hair and brown eyes. She had the gentlest touch, a voice that reminded me of summer, and the perfect body. I remember I met her on this very lake. I was walking o my cabin from the beach when I saw her swinging by herself. I approached her slowly and said hello. We sat on that swing all night long. I knew that when we went inside I had fallen in love.

Love…. Now that everything between us is over, I don’t think it’s real. I want to believe that very promise she made to me was true, but if it was she wouldn’t have broken that one promise. The promise that ruined my life.

I knew I was about to cry. That girl was the only one who could make me cry. I was happy I was in the shower, no one would ever know about my tears. No one could ever know. They would ask so many questions if they saw me or even heard me crying. I washed my hair and body. I opened the door to the shower and wrapped a towel around myself, not sure if anyone was home yet. I got dressed and lay in bed.

Now that I have relived my past, I didn’t want to go back to the summer when 2 years ago. So, I did the only thing that I could do. I thought of the present. My thoughts instantly went to Jude. I wanted to play with her hair, to kiss her full lips, to run my hands over her skin. Ugh! This girl is driving me insane! I have to talk to her, but I was not going to. I have to fight the urge, make her wait, play hard to get. That’s what I had to do. I knew it was.

When I heard the door downstairs I was ecstatic! I was going to be able to get my mind off of Jude. I ran down the stairs and over to my mom. I wrapped her in a hug and got the groceries from her hands.

“Hello Mom. You look tired. Long day?” I said as she slumped into a chair at the table. I started to put the groceries away.

“Very long day. Mr. Smith was on me because I we have the CEO of the company coming tomorrow, and I wasn’t working as fast as normal. I even skipped lunch and 2 of my breaks.” she sighed.

“Are you hungry? I’ll cook tonight! What would you like?” I asked as put the last of the food away.

“Thank you dear. I just want something light, maybe a sandwich.” She said.

I walked around the kitchen and got everything I needed to make her a sandwich. She watched me in silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence. We know everything about each other. Well almost everything.  I quickly prepared her sandwich and made her a drink.

“Here you go mommy.” I called her the name I gave her as a kid and kissed her cheek. She smiled and didn’t say anything. I knew she was happy. She was always happy when I called her mommy. I sat next to her and asked how her friends at work are. There was an outbreak of the flu at the office not too long ago.  We were having a normal conversation until she asked a certain question.

“What ever happen to that girl you met her a few years ago? What was her name?” she asked. I didn’t want to answer this is the worse question ever.

“Lexi and I think she moved to go to college. We haven’t talked since that summer. She never told me where she was going, or even that she was leaving.” I said sadly. I hated lying to my mom, but she could never know the truth of what really happened to Lexi. I stood up and walked out the front door, slamming it behind me.