Chapter 7

*Jude*

I woke up with the sun shining through the window and the balcony doors. I smiled and sat up. I looked at my phone seeing I had bunches of text messages. I ignored each and every one of them. The time my phone said 6:30. Wow I’m up early. Maybe I’ll take a shower. So that’s what I did. I took a 30 minute shower and got out. I didn’t do anything to my hair. The natural wave it had when I let it just dry was perfect in my opinion. So I walked over to my walk in closet. I was thinking it’s a skirt kind of day. Luckily I live in Florida so it’s almost always skirt weather. I found a black mini, and a plain red Abercrombie and Finch shirt that hugged my slim body perfectly. Now came the hard part. Shoes. I decided to go with black low top converse.

After I got dressed my stomach growled at me. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. My wonderful maid, Mrs. Black, made me pancakes. I sat down at the bar, and dug into them. Mmmm! I swear my parents need to leave more often they would never let me eat pancakes if they were here. After I ate I went and did my makeup. Nothing much, just a bit of eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara to bring out my dark blue eyes.

I then brushed my teeth and bounded out the door, in to the garage. I didn’t want to drive my truck today, so I hoped in my yellow Porsche (I know, I’m spoiled). I opened the door and left the house quickly. I looked at the clock, 7:45, wow I left early. I think I’ll stop at Starbucks. I got my usual, a French vanilla cappuccino. As I sipped at the hot drink I walked happily out the door. I wasn’t going to let anything or anyone get me down today. I got back in the car and drove to school.

I parked in the shade and got out. I got my messenger and my binder and walked into the building. The second I stepped in Hailey came running to me.

“What did you parents say?” she asked looking for some gossip, not that she actually cared. I thought about that before answering.

“They grounded me. I’m not allowed to go to the big party this weekend, they took away my phone, and…. My truck!” I lied easily, pausing for dramatic effect. At that very moment my phone started ringing. Hailey obviously didn’t realize that I just lied because she left with wide eyes as I put it to my ear.

“Hello?”

“DARLING! HOW ARE YOU?” I heard my mom say dramatically. I almost busted out laughing. Wow she should be an actress the way she pretends to care. Hell, her whole life is an act. She acts like she cares about me, she acts like she loves my father. This woman drove me insane.

“I’m fine mommy. How is Paris?” I asked as the bell rang. “Oops, sorry mommy I got to go” I said before she could get a breath in and hung up. I walked to my class, since it was close. I walked in and took my seat. I turned my phone on silent and got a pencil.

As the teacher started to talk, my mind slowly went back to the events of yesterday. I thought about that boy. What was his name? I almost slapped myself for not remembering.  Dammit! What was it?! Carson?.....Jace?..... Jack?....

“Jude Hughes, please come to the principal’s office immediately” said a voice over the intercom.