A Cold Chunk of Metal

"But this is not just any ship, no no, this is THE GIGANTIC! It is the greatest ship of our time, what am I saying? The greatest Ship of all time! Are you ready for what may be the greatest adventure of all of your lives?"

The tourist guide spoke to the pioneers of Tourism in space: A group of about 200 people of all ages, different ethnicities, and social layers.

"Yes, we are!" Some of them yelled back, but most remained quiet.

"Samuel! Stop playing with your phone!" One mom said quietly but angrily to what seemed to be her 15-year old son. He rolled his eyes as he slipped his phone back into the pocket of his jeans.

"It is the Year 2512, it's the 14th of April, and today, right here, History is happening! Ladies and Gentlemen from today on common people, people like you and me, will be enabled to travel through the Galaxy!"

The Gigantic was made out of some kind of greyish-blue colored metal. It was about 30 meters high and 60 meters long. The stairs that lead to its entrance hall were positioned right beneath its left wing.

The tourist guide, walking fast, led the group right there. The Ship recognized the people standing next to it and already started making a short profile for each and every one of them.

"I will not waste much more time. But let me introduce to you, shortly, the crew of the ship that will be taking care of you if you have any questions during your adventure."

The crowd whispered excitedly, but soon quieted down again.

"Here we have our 3 mechanics: Lamron"

The first mechanic took a bow and the crowd cheered: "Thank you, thank you. I am very honored to be part of this!" He laughed.

"Soahc"

The second mechanic took a bow as the crowd cheered. He remained quiet and oddly serious.

"And Grobyc"

The third mechanic, using his metallic arm, took of his head revealing one half of a brain connected to a piece of very complex machinery. The crowd cheered and started to steer towards the stairs.

"But what is this?" The tour guide said, pretending to be surprised as 3 robots drove down the stairs and out of the ship.

"Meet the heads of the ship! These are the robots that will be taking care of any unexpected events!"

The crowd stepped back from the stairs to let the robots drive out.

"Here we have Numbers. Say something Numbers!"

"1-2-3"

The crowd applauded reluctantly.

"Numbers is responsible for saving and maintaining all of the information that is processed by the ship.

Meet Nostalgia! Say something Nostalgia!"

"Oh yes. I want to use this opportunity to point back in time and remember another great ship, very similar to this one, the greatest of its time that also pioneered on the 14th of April: The Titanic."

The group had stopped acting all excited. Most of the people had started impatiently looking towards the entrance of the ship. Nobody was used to waiting longer than 5 minutes for anything. Not in the 25th century.

"Oh. I don't remember that ship, but thank you for this heartwarming anecdote.

Nostalgia has saved all of the data of 1000 years of human history. Its knowledge is meant to support our third robot:

Non-sense! Introduce yourself!"

"N'Hello! N'I'm Non-Sense." The third robot said. There was a loud swooshing in the background.