The Lioness - A Tale of Courage and Heroes

It's hard not to look at you. Hard not to be obvious. It's not about you though. It's all about me. That's what I tell myself anyway. There are no angels. You're just a disappointment waiting to happen.

Is the thought of letting someone in really so scary or is it partially about you?

"I am actually not more cynical than you are," Simmalou says to Davka.

"Of course you are!" She protests fast and angry, as most of the time.

"It makes a lot of sense to be having this fight. But that's what I love about you." He smiles in a slightly condescending and very cold way.

"Well at least I'm not proud!" She is almost screaming.

"Can you hear yourself?" Simmalou asks, clearly enjoying this.

"Now shall we talk about your background?", he says sadistically.

Davka suddenly keeps quiet and seems to be focusing on fighting back the tears in her eyes.

The mind-ship takes a trip to Davka's past and she can not stop it. Thoughts are fast.

It travels to the time when there wasn't even an alliance. The times of mind-anarchy.

"We were all young at some point." Shannax Lucy says trying to cheer Davka up. Davka fakes a half-hearted smile.

"Yes but not like this.", is what everyone is thinking right now.

The first image is enough to almost make Davka burst into tears. "I'm going to my chamber now." She says to the others. It doesn't take a second for her to disappear. Screams of pain can be heard even from outside of Davka's chamber. They all know what is happening there. None of them wants to talk about how Davka, how a part of their own hearts, is being torn apart and skinned alive by her feelings right now. Davka's chamber is the place where it always happens. It's a torture chamber.

The first image shows all of the former rulers of this mind: Simmalou, Davka, Benique, Therateonie, and the child.

"You knew this would happen when she sees Therateonie." Shannax Lucy says reproachfully.

"We can't protect her forever. She needs to go through this."

"Over and over again?" Shannax Lucy seems to be getting angry in Davka's place right now.

"Over and over again." Simmalou has learned to value compassion even more as he grew older.

The former rulers are fighting. They are always fighting. And how could they not be with someone like Davka in their midst?

"THIS IS MY MIND!", the memory of Davka screams.

"Ah, I love this part." Simmalou says from inside the ship.

"YOU ALL NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!", she insists.

"Love it." Says the Simmalou inside the ship again.

"Shut up." Emily and Shannax Lucy say simultaneously.

"I love this." Simmalou outside the ship says.

"SHUT UP! YOU'RE ALL JUST VOICES IN MY HEAD!"

"NO! You're just a voice in my head!" Therateonie answers.

"NO! You're just a voice in my head!" Davka screams.

"NO! You're just a voice in my head!" Therateonie screams back.

The two continue for a while before Davka starts attacking Therateonie. She is using her feelings that have taken the form of passionate, consuming flames. They stretch out from her body like gigantic arms before they turn into small oceans of fire, all aimed at Therateonie. Therateonie uses her own feelings that have taken the form of swamps, rocks and water to protect herself. She turns her physical appearance into a numb, lifeless material every time it is touched by the flames.