Chapter 3: Confessions

Ava's POV

"What are you planning?", Di asked.

I checked to make sure my bedroom and closet door were closed. Little did I know, Valentino was still behind the door.

"You like my brother, you like my brother, you like my brother.', I sang.

'WHAT!! Nonononono. No, I don't.", Di answered quickly.

Yep. She does.

"Yea you do. You gave him the look. You only use the look when you like someone. Duh.", I said matter-of-factly.

Di hesitated for a moment. Then she said,

"Fine. I do. I like Valentino."

My mouth dropped.

Di's POV

Ava's mouth dropped.

Oh no.

Is she pissed?

"Ava?", I asked.

She just sat there with a blank expression.

"I KNEW IT!!", she suddenly burst out. 'You know what that means, we have to see if he likes you back."

"Ava", I moaned. "I don't want to. Just let it happen on its own. If it was meant to be, it will be.'

"Fine."

"Thank you." I said. I really didn't want her telling Valentino.

Valentino's POV

She likes me.

I had to contain myself.

They didn't know that I was still in the closet.

I do a little celebration dance and try not to knock anything over. You see, I like Di as well. For once, a good thing has happened between me and one of Ava's friends.

I cracked open the door to Ava's room and pressed myself against the door to see if I could hear the rest of their conversation. Then I lost my balance and fell. Right into Ava's room.They both looked at me with shocked expressions. I started blushing

When I looked up, Di was smiling at me. I got up, still blushing.

"DUDE, for all you know we could've been changing or some chizz!!", Ava screamed angrily.

"Sorry, I was getting my clothes from the closet.", I lied. I really didn't want my sister to embarrass me in front of Di. I wanted to seem strong. That is why I have been going to the gym with my dad lately. I hope that my muscles develop and that Di notices. I have to draw her in.

Just hope it works.

I rush out of Ava's room, avoiding the eyes of both Di and Ava.

In my room, I put on my favorite and most comfortable pair of gray sweats and a white tank. I wonder if Di likes guys in tanks.

I need to stop.

Di probably has a boyfriend and isn't interested in her friend's little brother.

But she gave me the look.

Oh, never mind.

I walk downstairs to find my dad. Usually he is ready to go to the gym by now.....

"Mom, where's da-" I nearly get to finish.

"Downstairs.", my mother says without looking up from her work.

I walked downstairs only to see that my dad has put exercise equipment in the empty space.

Nice. Now I can work out at home. And Di will most-likely be home. WOHOO!!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Di's POV

Ava is getting ready. We are going to the mall because we finished early and I am sleeping over so it's not like I have to be home at a certain time.

I decide to go down to the kitchen, so I can talk to someone while I am waiting.When I get downstairs, Mrs. Gonzales tells me that I should go talk to Valentino because we are around the same age.

"Urm, where is he?", I ask, not knowing their house to well.

"Oh, he is in the basement with his dad. The door is down this hallway and to the left.", She says, as if she already knew what I was going to ask.

"Thanks.", I say, sauntering towards the door.

*****

As I walked down the basement steps, I here grunting and clanging sounds. I wonder what's going on down there? Not knowing what to expect, I peek around the courner only to see Valentino SHIRTLESS with his dad. They were just exercising. Mr. Gonzales was helping Valentino with the dumbells. Stupidly, I walked in.

"Hey, how's it goin'?", I asked.

Valentino noticed I was there and dropped the dumbell on his chest.

I freaked because I thought he broke something.

"Are you okay?", I asked in panic.

"Yea, I'm fine. Just got weak for a second.", he said.

Awww. He must've gotten weak when he saw me.

I really need to stop it. He probably has a girlfriend and doesn't like his sister's friends. Ava already told me that nothing ever goes well will him and any of her friends.