❀21- Termination❀

Iza stumbled backwards, coughing as her lungs burned and her face was bruised and bloody, her body completely exhausted from moving too much.

(A/N: i re-drew it from the original one. I thought this suit her more.)

Her hair was now sliced off, yet she still smiled widely, staring intently at Denzel as Denzel held the katana to the left side of her neck, completely pissed.

Their argument about the paper escalated from bickering to a full blown fight.

"Bull**** this isn't funny. I don't know how you did that but I know damn well they won't do that! WE HAD A DEAL." Denzel yelled, anger bubbling inside of him as Iza could only laugh harder.

"You're so stubborn, aren't you Den? How and why would I make something like this up?"

"It's just as you said, it isn't funny." Iza responded, grinning from ear to ear as sweat kept falling from her face.

Denzel stared at the girl in disbelief.

He didn't want to believe it. It isn't real right? Iza was just messing with him right?

Peony isn't going to die right..?

"Then why the **** are you laughing?!" Denzel yelled, frustrated.

"I can't help it, you're just so stubborn! You refuse to accept the cold bitter truth even if it's staring at you right in the face."

"The look on your face just cracks me up AHAHHAHA!" Iza howled in laughter, stunning Denzel in place who stared at her with such worry and fear.

He had not seen anyone like this before. Laughing maniacally even as a katana was pointed at them.

He was so used to the scared, petrified, angry and pleading looks his victims gave him.

But this? It was completely foreign to him, and it scared him.

What happened to her..? That she can so easily laugh and smile carelessly even at the brink of her death.

Come to think of it..

When has she ever not smiled around them?' Denzel questioned himself, gripping the katana tightly in his hands.

He flinched lightly at the presence of someone from behind him, seemingly pointing a gun at his head.

He recognized that presence.

"Denzel, let Iza go.." Peony ordered softly as Denzel gritted his teeth.

Iza had not told Smee about this, but she has been silently manipulating and persuading Peony to join and help her and the others escape.

It wasn't too hard. All she needed was to figure out their insecurities and fears which Peony unknowingly provided her with, and use that to her advantage.